Plunge: Taken

Red.Apricot

GO SQUASH!

And pft to badmouthing his second place--Elsie got a high in trial and I don't mention that there was only one other dog competing and they didn't Q.

Except now, lol.

GO SQUASH!

And pft to badmouthing his second place--Elsie got a high in trial and I don't mention that there was only one other dog competing and they didn't Q.

Except now, lol.

Aheheh. There was another woman there from the place I train, and she says "Oh you'll learn just not to mention that part. Just say SECOND PLACE" lol.

Here's video. The first station we biffed - he started out with his head in the clouds so I kind of nudged him into position, and I think the judge probably would have forgiven that but then he wasn't supposed to sit. *facepalm* But we recovered nicely, I think. He ADORES the one where you take a big step to the right, so I was happy to see that in the course. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Vbtrj2x8c

Welp, the dreaded NQ for Squashies today - but in some ways it was as good of an experience for me as yesterday because... nothing really bad happened. I commiserated with a woman who goes to my same training club, and the sky didn't fall. :p

We did not get half a block away from the venue before he was dead asleep in the back seat, so I think he was just SO tired from yesterday that he got overwhelmed today and a bit stressed out. His default displacement behavior when his head is in that place is to become completely fascinated by anything but me - in this case, a dog in the next ring. Plus I don't have the experience in the ring yet to be able to recover well when things start to go amiss. Live and learn.

I think until he gets more used to trialing, I may only enter him on one day per weekend. Either that, or if he Q's on a Saturday just withdraw from the Sunday and eat the entry fees. When we did the CAT, he kind of did the same thing - the second day I actually thought he might quit the course although he ultimately ended up finishing. So he may just be a one-day wonder until he gets more experience.

I'm glad you're taking it so well. That's exactly how you should see it. Just another learning experience for the both of you!

I'm glad you're taking it so well. That's exactly how you should see it. Just another learning experience for the both of you!
Well, I considered dropping him off at the glue factory on the way home, but then I thought... who's gonna close all the drawers around here if he's gone? So I decided to give him another chance. :p

SaraB

Well, I considered dropping him off at the glue factory on the way home, but then I thought... who's gonna close all the drawers around here if he's gone? So I decided to give him another chance. :p
Or chew on the knobs. :rofl1:

That's so great about Saturday! NQ's happen, just ask Zuma who NQ'd 4/4 runs this weekend.

The video was great!

Aleron

Squash is really cute and it's fun to see him in action. Congrats on his first Rally trial!

Members online