Transport help from Washington state to Buffalo, NY

Pam111

If we could get you to Illinois, it would be MUCH more doable. Will you be able to get him a health certificate to fly?

Pam111

It's listed on the last page where Fran posted the cost for shipping a dog. It looks like a pretty basic exam, so I would think just the cost of a visit, but I've never had one done.
Also, anyone who knows, does this need to be done to carry the dog on with you or just ship in cargo?

CaliTerp07

It's listed on the last page where Fran posted the cost for shipping a dog. It looks like a pretty basic exam, so I would think just the cost of a visit, but I've never had one done.
Also, anyone who knows, does this need to be done to carry the dog on with you or just ship in cargo?
It looks like it's just cargo.

"A health certificate is required when shipping your pet as air cargo. While Delta does not require a health certificate for carried-on or checked pets, upon arrival, the certificate may be required by the state. For clarification, please call your veterinarian or see the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Veterinary Services."

If this is something that really materializes, it looks like it would depend on the state if it's required for shipping in the cabin.

Pam111

So I wonder if you call the airport in the state you are leaving and the one you are arriving in to check that

My parents fly in and out of the country with their chihuahuas as carry on. When they go they need a recent health certificate from our vet and proof of immunizations for certain diseases.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
What does it take to get a health certificate and how much does it cost?
When I needed a health certificate, all I had to do was ask the vet for one. He noted on an official looking piece of paper that what her vaccination dates were and that she was in good health.

Even if it doesn't say it's required, it can't hurt to have one just in case. ;)

Pam111

oh, wow, very little. Mason (my old MIn Pin) was like 15 pounds :D...not fat but a bit long-legged

Sorry, just had take any opportunity to share some pics of him because he was SO cute :D

Pam111

Is there are a certain type of approved carrier that is needed to take a dog on a flight with you?

MPP

petperson
Wow, Pam, Mason was just adorable--and I don't usually even like MinPins! And Leo has a certain something too. I guess I've only seen the bad side before this.

Pam111

Wow, Pam, Mason was just adorable--and I don't usually even like MinPins! And Leo has a certain something too. I guess I've only seen the bad side before this.
Thank you. He was a very special dog. We just bonded from the moment I picked him out. I went to pick out a black and tan dog and he was the only red in the litter. I didn't want a red, but he picked me...crawled right up on my lap and chose me.

My best friend was nearly as attached to him as I was and cried with me when he died and wanted to pay to have him cremated and for a special box. We both had to take the night off from school the night he died and she came right over.

Doberluv

If you wind up using the driving route and not flying, I am in north Idaho about 2 hours from Spokane Wa. If someone can get him to Spokane Wa (eastern) and if Boemy or someone else in Spokane can get him from there, partway to me (like we did with the kitties) I could go from here, east for an hour or two drive. Or I could back track to Spokane and then go east a ways. Anyone in Montana that could meet me half way?

I recommend hwy 2 across the country.

It would depend on what's happening though. My Dad is in very bad shape and I could lose him anytime in the next few months, in which case, I'd have to go to Seattle.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I think we need to talk to Operation Roger for some of the trickier spots, like through the western states, if we don't end up flying him.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
The earliest I could head out to Illinois is August, and I think that's too long. We need to get Leo out ASAP, he is still living with Bobby and Bobby said she threatened to drown him now. I honestly don't think she will but REALLY? :eek:

Members online

No members online now.