Welsh Sheepdogs?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Anyone know anything about them? There's someone here that breeds them, apparently they moved here from Wales with their dogs or something like that? I've run into a few of their dogs at my old training center (a lot of them do flyball and agility). If I hadn't been told, I would have thought they were BCs to be honest. :eek:

Just a curiosity really more than anything.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Welsh Bob-tails? There's theories that these guys are the fore-bearers to Australian Shepherds.

SarahHound

My friend (who lives in Wales) just lost her 18 year old Welsh Sheepdog in September. He was a beautiful dog, and was a true working sheepdog in Wales for most of his life before they retired him and then they kept him as a pet for the rest of his life. I met him at 16, and only have this one photo of him...

Tavvy by Chocolate Bubbles, on Flickr
He was 16, so not really in the greatest condition to show the breed when this was taken, but an excellent sheepdog!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks for the pic! I wish they were more common here. I think these might be the only ones in the US, actually. Or if there are more they're very few. I liked the young one I met a LOT. Much more than their two BCs, actually. I just wonder how they compare in general to the BCs and English Shepherds.

And zoom, I just learned that some Welshies are natural bobs.

Romy

Taxiderpy
I've met some welsh sheepdogs at the IABCA dog show/NW working dog expo. Didn't really get to see anything that would tell me what they are like. At first I just thought they were aussies, but then noticed the tails. I might be able to find the show results and tell you where those came from.

Members online

No members online now.