Orange juice

Lilfoot83

I have a question to ask. Is orange jusice bad for dogs? Is any type of juice bad for dogs? If you have a female dog and she gets a urinary track infection, can you give her cranberry juice?

Hmmm, I don't know about orange or cranberry juice. Grape juice is definitely a no-no, though. For a urinary tract infection I'd definitely go to the vet, which will mean a course of antibiotics. You must be sure to give the entire course of antibiotics or they do more harm than good. Along with antibiotics, I'd feed some yogurt with active cultures to guard against losing the "good bacteria" necessary for a dog to be healthy and avoid yeast complications.

And plenty of fresh, clean water, preferably filtered.

Debi

Don't know how good or bad orange juice is, but in the hot summer months Dave always makes ice for Addie to sit and lick, which she loves to do after a good romp. He had the idea to put a little orange juice in and freeze it, but he watered it down. Well, she LOVED it! It's not something he gave her everyday, tho, cause we weren't sure about it. I'd be interested in knowing if it really is ok. :) I remember the vet telling us NEVER, EVER give the dogs anything different to eat......just the same dry food everyday...period. Well, Dave likes them to eat different things. His thinking is...if WE like different things to eat, why wouldn't they?

I think your Dave's got a better handle on it than the vet! Mine get their EVO every day, but they get different things along with it some days. It kind of depends on what kind of leftovers there are! LOL! And they still get the "last bite" from me - provided, of course, that they don't bug me when I'm eating! Bimmer always gets his last bite. If Shiva was half as well behaved as he is, she'd be a paragon. Kharma's got it all figured out: when Shiva's being boisterous or pushy, she finds a place that's directly in our line of sight and sits there very primly to show us that SHE'S a good puppy . . . always the Drama Queen . . . poor Shiva doesn't stand a chance . . .

My husband gets really mad at me if I feel the dogs any "people food" because it makes his scooping job more difficult!! :mad: I do it anyway though when he's not looking. ;)

antjen78

i have read an article once that vit c is very bad to be given to dogs because dogs unlike humans make there own vit c and giving them more will damage there livers .

Members online

No members online now.