Sawyer's turning green

Zoom

Twin 2.0
With jealousy! I'm pet-sitting a friend's boxer, named Mugsy, and Sawyer thinks that is just the worst idea EVAR. Mugsy wants crazy things like...sitting near me...attention...potty breaks...Sawyer knows this dog quite well, they were daycare buddies, but this is Home Turf and totally different.

Luckily for me, Mugsy is very comfortable in a crate, because that's where he hangs out when I have to go to work and the daycare is closed and where he's eating his meals because he seems to be a pretty slow eater. I'm trying to avoid potential fights as much as possible.

But it's really funny to see just how many dominance/calming signals are getting tossed about! Sawyer's pretty well being an ass and Virgo just doesn't care, so long as Mugsy and Sawyer aren't playing. Then she gets jealous Sawyer isn't playing with her and that's when my eardrums break.

They'll get it all settled out pretty quickly. Everyone's scattered around my computer chair right now. I'm not tolerating the least bit of guarding behavior and Mugsy's a pretty chill dog. Thankfully. In daycare he's actually a pretty pushy, dominant dog, but he's being smart and not pushing Sawyer's buttons.

bubbatd

I remember Sawyer wanting to round everyone up here and wanting to take charge ! Very vocally ! He's such a sweetheart !

Zoom

Twin 2.0
As soon as I can find my shorter lens...the paparazzi one is nigh useless. :D

And I'm bleeding exhausted...second double shift in a row and I closed last night and opened this morning...I don't tolerate crap to begin with, but I have zero patience right now. Just got done eating my salad, going to have a couple bites of cheesecake and head to bed. Have to open in the morning.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Why do you think I splurged on cheesecake tonight? :D I didn't request these shifts but I'm not going to turn them down either.

ACooper

Maybe a good learning experience for Mr. Sawyer :D..........never know when you will add a pup to the mix ;) :lol-sign:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oh I'm fine! I'd be even more fine if the neighbor's car alarm hadn't started going off like an alarm clock at 6am. Seriously...every 8-10 minutes...*scream* Luckily I have extra strong coffee to bolster me up and the knowledge that this is the last day on my feet for this week.

The dogs are much more relaxed this morning, though I think Mugsy is still confused as to why he's here and why we all just sit around so much. LOL! He's going to daycare here in a minute when I finish getting ready for work. His dad comes home later tonight, so then his world will be all back to normal.

Sawyer has definitely shown me that the next dog I add needs to be one who is adept at reading and responding to body language, can take a correction without sniveling about it (because I know that will just make Sawyer worse). He was a lot easier going after he saw I wouldn't let Mugsy on the bed last night, that's HIS spot. He's still my #1 boy, he just can't be a tool about another dog in the house. :p

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Oh, Sawyer! Heehee, he sounds a bit like my mom's maltese. Scandal gets VERY offended when another dog comes into *her* house. Not aggressive, just horrified and snarky at the idea.

Members online

No members online now.