Those of you who put clothes on your dogs...

B

Backward_Cinderella

Why? Who is your favorite designer? How does your dog feel about his / herself being dressed up?

I started putting clothes on Ted because well... he was nekkid. A Chinese Crested, and his skin was already not well cared for, his previous owners sucked. He always got super excited when he saw his clothes. He used to sit there and shiver when he wanted his jacket, even if he wasn't cold. lol :)

Then with Bobsie, after I shaved her, she ran around shivering forever, so I made her a little coat. I think she'd been dressed up before, because she always sits when she sees her clothes, then prances around like "look at me!" after she has them on... much like she does after she's been groomed. :)

My favorite designer / brand (other than myself) is Casual Canine. They make some really cute stuff. I have a light blue hoodie for Bobsie that is adorable on her.

I only put clothes on them when it is cold out, though. Not when its hot... and not when I can't watch them.

chanda

my fav designer is my mom... she loves making dresses for mikki...

B

Backward_Cinderella

Cool! I love to make clothes for Bobsie, and she loves it, too. She sits there waiting for me to get done so she can prance around in it. I'm working on a dress for her right now. Its cuuuute!!

BostonBanker

Meg's a wuss about the cold, and goes to work with me outdoors all year round, so she always wears a coat (or two) from about October until March. Not really "clothes" though; generally a Fido Fleece under a horse blanket style coat.

milos_mommy

Milo wears sweaters in winter and a coat if we go out in the really cold weather...that's why. He likes wearing clothes when it's cold but if it gets too hot he'll let me know by pulling on them. If i get out his sweater he'll actually sit in front of me and put his legs through the holes and his head through when i hold it up, it's pretty cute.

No favorite designers....i basically just buy what's on sale.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I got Maggie a Rockstar tshirt just because I couldn't not lol. It looks like a little muscle shirt and its just for fun. She wears it rarely.

She does have a really nice Isaac Mizrahi jacket for in the winter when she is shaved. Its really cute pink velvet with a soft fake fur hood and cuffs around her legs. My moms dog Tucker has Isaac Mizrahi trench coat. I would say he's my favorite designer. Maggie May also has three Isaac Mizrahi toys and a dog bed.

I don't really make my dogs wear clothes for prolonged periods of time except for in the winter I put sweaters on Lucy (Tiny inbred chihuahua). She gets very cold.

But I do buy a lot of dog clothes just cause they are cute, and I do photoshoots with them on lol.

Juicy

But I do buy a lot of dog clothes just cause they are cute, and I do photoshoots with them on lol.
Ditto. I also use them just to go around the block for walkies...never again at dog park :yikes: the dirt....the mud....the HORROR.
My fav designer is umm playboy for the girls...and I'm thinking of getting those crude dog tees from spencers...I got some crude onesis for my friend's baby she's expecting ;) that child is gonna be bad :eek:

My dogs couldn't care less. Once they see the clothes......they get crazy happy, b/c they know they're going somewhere.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Mollie was shaved last winter and since she sleeps in my room (which has no heat) she was really cold, so I bought her a dog coat from wal-mart. She LOVED it, lol, and I hated it. If I took it off of her, even when it was warm out, she would find it and cry *facepalm*
I eventually just threw it out, I hated walking her in it.

Members online

No members online now.