Puppies have their first vet visit

• Thread starter RedyreRottweilers
  • Start date
R

RedyreRottweilers

Puppies had their 8 week puppy visit today. Can you BELIEVE they are 8 weeks old tomorrow? Wow.

Everyone checked out A #1. No heart murmurs, no hernias, all boys have 2 normal testicles.

They all got their microchips today, and their second Parvo/Distemper vaccine. (Can any of you hear me breathing a sigh of relief from here?)

The staff at my vet clinic have been waiting on pins and needles to see the babies, and were so excited to visit with each of them.

The countdown has begun, as 5 of them will leave for their new homes on Saturday, and another one will be flying out early next week to his new home in the Seattle area.

Then the folks from New Orleans will be here on October 17 to get their boy, leaving me with the 2 remaining puppies.

No, I still don't know who.

Puppies weighed between 10 lb 7 oz (Mick and Cimaron) up to 14.5 lbs (Danny and Toby) with the other falling somewhere inbetween.

Vet's comments were "healthy vigorous well tempered beautiful puppies". :D

jess2416

Who woulda thought
That is great :D :D I'm so glad that they are all healthy happy pups :)

bubbatd

Didn't expect anything other than this from you !!! You've done a great job . Sob ...I hate to see them go !!! So anxious to know which will be our Chaz pup ! Any chance for a cam shot before they go ??????????

R

RedyreRottweilers

I hope to have stacked pictures tomorrow. And I am honest when I tell you that I don't know which one it is yet. :D

Maxy24

Oh My God already! I don't want them to leave :( At least there will still be one who we will get to see grow into a full grown pupper. Make sure the new owners send you pics as they grow so we can see. It must be so hard to decide who to keep!

R

RedyreRottweilers

There are 4, WP. Really 3, because as of today I think I have excluded Danny as bad as I hate it. He has the MOST outstanding temperament, expression, and breed type in the entire litter. He will make a really outstanding show and obedience/working dog for some lucky person, but he does not have the improvements I was seeking in this breeding. Too bad, REALLY too bad for me. Lucky for someone else. It breaks my heart to see this puppy leave, but I have to be realistic about what my goals were with this breeding.

The other 3 in the running are Betty, Bruce, and Milton. And I have not had them on the table in a while. Tomorrow's photos may show some things have changed since last the last photos.

bubbatd

As a breeder and keeper , I'd say her pick is between 2 right now . I was lucky with Bubba ... he was my #1 from his whelp !

bubbatd

Whoops ! Missed your post . Are you wanting a stud or a future dam ???

showpug

I wish you luck and peace with your decision. I know these decisions, as fun as they are, are NEVER easy! You have done a great job and the pups are the proof! I wish them all the best as they venture off to their new families and hope they bring their new owners as much joy as they have brought us Chazzers!;)

Members online