Hello!

BullyLover

On the lighter side....
Hello. I just got my American Bulldog puppy on Saturday. I have always loved the breed and this is my second. My first one Jesse, god rest her soul, I got when she was one year old. She was well trained and an awesome dog for the short time (3 years) I had her. She was killed in an accident :( . This is the first puppy I have had and I am very worried that I may do something wrong. I am reading as much as I can. And I enrolled her in a puppy training class at PetSmart that will start the second week in February. After searching around for a bit I found these forums. It seems more active here than some others that I found.

Here is a picture of my baby...This is what she looks like 85% of the time. lol

She HAS NO NAME! I am trying to come up with a name.....I have a couple in mind.....I come to you....posters of this community to help me name my new puppy.. Here are the names I have been tossing around.

1: Oki, Means middle of the ocean in Japanese (I love Saltwater)

2: Jollie, Suggested by a friend. Means pretty in French (I, however, am not that fond of French people so this one is my least favorite. :p )

3: Stoli, If you have to ask you'll never know. LOL

Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks! We look forward to becoming part of this community!

Juicy

She's a beautiful dog, welcome to the forum, I think she looks like an Oki ;)

Sorry about your loss :( . I lost my shih tzu to a car, its was very tragic, atleast now they're in a better place :)

I'm from
as well. In Miramar, which is in Broward County, which is near Dade County, where Miami is located.

Last edited:

BullyLover

On the lighter side....
Thanks for the kind words juicy... :) I agree that she is in a good place...but I know she misses my lovin. ;)

I am leaning to Oki too....I need to have a name quick....otherwise she'll think her name is baby!

Thanks for the welcome! Florida rocks! And your avatar is a riot Julie....LOL

BullyLover

On the lighter side....
Thanks Denal. :D

She is now called Stolichnaya...or Just Stoli for short......my vote for Oki was over ruled..."Oki is hokie" Is what was said....lol :p

I am at work...this is the first time I have been away from her and I am going through seperation anxity!

BullyLover

On the lighter side....
Thanks katkoota. We have named her Stolichnaya.....I liked Oki too but my vote didn't count for some odd reason....lol. Stoli is a cool name. It is growing on me I guess. :)

Welcome! Your American Bulldog is gorgeous. Two friends of mine bought two American Bulldogs a few months ago. They are from the Johnson lines which I believe are original lines (as you can tell I'm not very knowledgeable about the breed). They are about 6 months old and one weighs in at 65lbs and the other is well over 70lbs. They are going to be big boys! :)

Katkoota

cRaZy AbOuT DOGS
BullyLover said:
Thanks katkoota. We have named her Stolichnaya.....I liked Oki too but my vote didn't count for some odd reason....lol. Stoli is a cool name. It is growing on me I guess. :)
Well happy that you finally named her, otherwaise she would think that her name is Baby -as you said before- lol :) Stoll is a cute name too for a cute puppy like her
Good luck with Stollchnaya. Hope to see more pictures of her :D

BullyLover

On the lighter side....
LuvableLabs said:
Welcome! Your American Bulldog is gorgeous. Two friends of mine bought two American Bulldogs a few months ago. They are from the Johnson lines which I believe are original lines (as you can tell I'm not very knowledgeable about the breed). They are about 6 months old and one weighs in at 65lbs and the other is well over 70lbs. They are going to be big boys! :)
Thanks Luvable. :) Johnson and Scott were more modern pioneers of the breed. I am pretty sure that they were the first to register the breed with NKC in the early 70's....they were known back then as American "Pit" Bulldogs. The "Pit" was later dropped becasue of all the bad Pit bull news going around. Some ballpark facts for you...lol.

Thanks katkoota and spikestrike. More pics to follow for sure!

mojozen

bullie lover
What a cute little puppy! I love the different bully breeds when they are puppies. I become a puddle of mush when I see them. Good Luck with her!

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Oh she is so cute!!! My neighbor recently got a American Bulldog puppy too but his is male. He is white also but has a brindle patch over his right eye and ear. I walk his dogs for him on the days he works late and I absolutly love him ABD pup they are hard not to fall for.

Welcome by the way :). Im Samantha and I have a Saint Bernard/Lab named Pixie-Stick.

BullyLover

On the lighter side....
Thanks mojo......I'm currently a puddle of mush... lol ..She really is quite amazing.l

Thanks to you too Samantha/Pixie...Stoli has a small brindle patch on her ear other than that she is all white too.....I know the pink on her nose makes her less desirable to some posh people....but I like it...there was another female whos nose was all black but she didn't have half the personality that my Stoli has. :D

Members online

No members online now.