White socks with skinny jeans

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I can't fathom the idea of jeans that aren't skinny!
The ankle space seriously annoys me lol and looks just horrendous to me with ballet flats or converse or heels.. which is my basic footwear uniform lol

Not sure about boots as I do not wear boots. I am short.. no need to make my legs look even shorter by cutting them off with boots lol
Opposite here, I wear nothing but boots (I work with horses so I'm talking BOOTS boots, not ones they sell T Macy's lol) I am 5ft 10 barefoot ... No need for extra height here lol.

I have kind of wide hips & angle in at the knees, so skinny jeans make me look really ... Weird, I don't go for a wide flare either which looks eqully weird ... I just like a nice boot cut ... Which, sadly is getting harder & harder to find these days :(

If you are in a situation casual enough to remove your shoes sock color certainly doesn't matter. If you are in a social situation formal enough for it to matter you would look pretty stupid removing your shoes. Make sense?

Now I will say that socks should never show with skinny jeans, period, when you have your shoes on. Must be sockless unless you are wearing boots or some sort of high tops.

Twin_Dogs

Im usually wearing boots when Im wearing skinny jeans, so I can even get away with mismatched socks LOL.. But if and when I'm going to be some place that I will need to take my boots off, I make sure I'm either wearing black socks or something that matches my top LOL

monkeys23

I find skinny jeans way comfier and my fuzzy warm smartwool seems to fit under it just fine. I even wear my underarmour leggings under them when its super cold. *shrug*

Xandra

I think my calves are too big for skinny jeans, and yeah, they are kind of a "leg prison" (stealing that phrase from reddit, tsk tsk). I like my regular jeans. Sadly, I'm not very good at fashion though.

milos_mommy

I wear both skinny jeans and regular (boot cut?) jeans. I think I slightly prefer skinny jeans, because I prefer to wear boots and NOT under my jeans unless they're riding or work boots.

MicksMom

Me, too, although the UGGS with jeans tucked in is starting to grow on me. But I HATE jeans tucked into cowboy boots.
I love my jeans and fancy totally non practical cowboy boots.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE jeans and cowboy boots (simple,plain, no "glitz", please :) ). It's the jeans tucked into the cowboy boots I hate.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Haha was just looking at my facebook picture. Well now we know I wasn't lying about mismatched socks lol

Yes, they show when I walk and no, I really don't mind lol I like them. They are colorful and make me happy when I look down

Lyzelle

My hips are too wide for skinny jeans. Also, my feet too small. I'm an upside down pear from the waist down. And waist up. I'm a...pear with a reflection in the mirror?

My socks have to match though. I'm incredibly picky with what touches my feet. And since they swell (since they are so small) I'm painfully aware of a difference in ankle socks and regular socks after about an hour.

I'm non-fashionable. Boot cut jeans that must cover 3/4ths of my shoes, basic top, socks match and usually sneakers or flip flops. Done.

noludoru

Bored Now.
When I saw that this thread was 3 pages long, I had to read it. . . and, wow. So many opinions. I wear ballet flats with brightly colored socks that match my shirts, so my opinion probably doesn't count, but I wear my white socks with my pumas when I wear skinny jeans.

I personally think that the best socks with skinny jeans are ones that go up to your armpits, because I can't fathom the appeal of skinny jeans ;) I have yet to see someone wearing them where I thought "that is a fantastic fashion choice!"

I think I rock them. :p Plus, your dog as an accessory automatically makes your outfit 10x better.

Express. That is all.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Ahaha well now I'm thinking there's no WAY skinny jeans would ever look good on me unless they were tucked into boots because of my ginourmous feet, hahaha. I normally wear flare jeans that cover about 3/4th of my shoe, too, so you can't really tell how big my feet are.
Me in skinny jeans would probably be like "HOLY HIPS AND ASS BATMAN, oh look knees WHAT IS WITH THOSE CALF MUSCLES oh hai ankles JESUS THOSE FEET!" Yeah... okay... me in skinny jeans should never happen, no matter what size I am.

LOL at "leg prison."

Lyzelle

Since I have small feet, bootcut generally covers my shoes easy. Flares look like bellbottoms on me. Lol.

To be completely clear, skinny jeans are NO lower legs, right? Because those pictures show bootcut to me. Skinny jeans are like tights to me...only jeans.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
When I saw that this thread was 3 pages long, I had to read it. . . and, wow. So many opinions. I wear ballet flats with brightly colored socks that match my shirts, so my opinion probably doesn't count, but I wear my white socks with my pumas when I wear skinny jeans.

I think I rock them. :p Plus, your dog as an accessory automatically makes your outfit 10x better.

Express. That is all.
Wait. Those are skinny jeans? o_O I'm... thinking of something different, apparently.

Members online

No members online now.