Adventures with Duke and Maverick <3

Kayla

I'm away in Spain volunteering over the next 6 weeks and miss my dog's like mad! So I made this thread to summarize what I love about my dogs: Duke and Maverick.

In the beginning there was one

My super awesome little Duke who did come home too early at 7 weeks but I didn't know back then

Favorite moments to date: Hiking, competing in Rally and OB, training in tracking, cuddling, watching movies together.

Duke's favourite things: Me! (lol), playing keep away from me and snorting while I tap his body lightly and playing with his best dog friend Gypsy

*Continued*

Kayla

Best moments with Duke: Hiking, cuddling and overcoming his re activity with positive reinforcement and completing the Karen Pryor Academy together.

What are we up to these days? Being lazy together! Duke is the best weekend sleeping in partner ever! He'll even come up into the bed and cuddle with you.:) Were training in tracking right now and he loves it. I'm not in a rush but if it continues to go well I'd love to try a competition.

Enter the border collie

Not sure what I was thinking when I adopted Maverick. He had been living in a kennel for three months and it really showed. He destroyed so much and would become so anxious of just being bored and doing nothing that hed wander over to something to start chewing. Thankfully he's settled in over the three years I've had him:)

Mavericks favorite things: My boyfriend, playing fetch. I would have just wrote fetch but he really loved Craig (he likes me to:)).

*Continued*

Kayla

Best moments with Mav: Snuggling, doing a fun agility class together

What are we up to these days? Working on Mav's reactivity as he continues to have set backs around other dogs. He's good with other dog's but just needs more help to remain calm when seeing them on the street.

I miss them soo much!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Love all the pics. At least it's a way to keep them close by.

Members online

No members online now.