What do *you* think Crystal looks like?

I've pretty much concluded that Crystal is a GSD x Shetland Sheepdog, but I've never really gotten other people's opinions.

She's 19.5" at the withers and 37 pounds. She's very protective in nature and is loyal to the family, and wary to strangers (so she has a very German Shepherd-y attitude). She guards the house at all times and if anyone gets near our house she barks and alerts us. Whenever we say 'Go Check' she'll check the window for intruders (if she's not by the window first.) She's always either chilling near the family or looking out of the window.
Any other breed opinions?

She was sunbathing, lol.

Showing off her fluffy belly

Guarding like she *always* is

Her hind end and tail are SOOOOOO fluffy!

What do you guys think? :)

Romy

Taxiderpy
What a beautiful girl! Agree, sheltie X GSD looks like a reasonable guess.

My cousin had a chow x GSD that carried a ton of coat like that, but he was twice as big and had a much heavier head with a chowish forehead.

monkeys23

I think sheltie/GSD seems a fair guess. Could be BC/GSD maybe would be my only other guess. Eh still in the herding family! :p

I have GSD mixes too! :)

Lily is GSD/Sibe (she's got the white blaze) and Scout is mostly GSD with a splash of Sibe. Lily is 47lbs and Scout was 63 last time I weighed her... I think she's closer to 70lbs now. :)

milos_mommy

Sheltie X GSD seems like a good guess, but she could definitely have some kind of spitz in her, too. The first picture reminds me a lot of the American Eskimo I had growing up

Members online

No members online now.