Can not get orijen or acana due to fire!!!

goldiefur

I did not get my delivery and I call Mr. Chewey and they tell me Champions kitchen burnt down and they will not be producing until January 2013!!!!! WTH Please let me know what to switch the dogs too. NO food can be foiund in my area everything is already bought up!!!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
People at our store have switched to TOTW and Fromm.
We are still not getting full orders of Orijen and Acana either :/

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
1. They didn't "burn down", the ovens had a fire so they needed to get new equipment.

2. They are still producing food but at a much lower rate, only making the more popular formulas and sizes. Availability depends on the distributor your store has.

3. This is in no way champion's fault and it annoys me to hear people blame this all on them like "omg why dd they have to go and have a fire, omg don't they know I need dog food now?"

4. Now! or TOTW is a good option for things like Acana or even Merrick's grain free options depending on what your dog can handle.

goldiefur

Mr. Chewy is an online retailer and they do not expect to have it. They were told by Champion Jan 2013 they will be back on for full production. I get auto ship from Mr Chewy I may try to look somewhere else online. I was told the kitchen burnt down I have know way of knowing if this is true or not the point is it looks like no food. I live down south and trust me we are the last to get anything even on a good day.

goldiefur

1. They didn't "burn down", the ovens had a fire so they needed to get new equipment.

2. They are still producing food but at a much lower rate, only making the more popular formulas and sizes. Availability depends on the distributor your store has.

3. This is in no way champion's fault and it annoys me to hear people blame this all on them like "omg why dd they have to go and have a fire, omg don't they know I need dog food now?"

4. Now! or TOTW is a good option for things like Acana or even Merrick's grain free options depending on what your dog can handle.
I don't know how you read into what I posted as blaming champion that is just plain stupid. You must be young and jump to strange conclusions that is all I can think. I have bitten my tongue many times on this forum with snooty, judgemental and strange comments that I find mostly the younger members post but who knows for sure. I will not bite my tongue anymore!!! My order did not auto ship from Mr. Chewy and I was supposed to receive it tomorrow. What I was shocked and mad about is that Mr. Chewy did not call or email about this! It took me calling them to find out why my order did not ship! Maybe that is why my post came across so "ANNOYING."

M

MyHorseMyRules

I live down south, and we are still getting huge shipments in just fine... *shrugs*

And if your response to MandyPug is how you typically act, I probably wouldn't have called you either.

Lyzelle

I don't know how you read into what I posted as blaming champion that is just plain stupid. You must be young and jump to strange conclusions that is all I can think. I have bitten my tongue many times on this forum with snooty, judgemental and strange comments that I find mostly the younger members post but who knows for sure. I will not bite my tongue anymore!!! My order did not auto ship from Mr. Chewy and I was supposed to receive it tomorrow. What I was shocked and mad about is that Mr. Chewy did not call or email about this! It took me calling them to find out why my order did not ship! Maybe that is why my post came across so "ANNOYING."
Well, gee, if this is how you act when someone tries helping you out, I wouldn't call either.

darkchild16

We are Home.
I cant believe they wouldnt send a email or call to anyone with auto ship. Thats ridiculous. You have people EXPECTING that food and you leave them hanging. What if they couldnt find comparable food the day they were expecting a shipment that just WOW. I know not to set a order with them or tell my stepmom to order from them which I HAD told her to get Acana from them awhile ago and she can NOT get to the store at a moments notice.

The retailer definatly dropped the ball and I would be LIVID.

I would try TOTW since it seems easy to find!

goldiefur

I'm glad you agree Darkchild! That is my only issue if Mr. Chewy would have just sent out emails it would not be such a problem. I live in an area that has such a limited supply of good foods so this is serious. The only place I can go is Petsmart. I would have ordered a different food on 10/30 if they would have emailed to let me know. I order 3 huge bags of Orijen at a time and after tomorrow morning I will not have any food left and I will just have to get something at Petsmart.

goldiefur

This is in no way champion's fault and it annoys me to hear people blame this all on them like "omg why dd they have to go and have a fire, omg don't they know I need dog food now?"

Read this and ask yourself if you would not be slightly irritated?! How the hell do you get this out of my post?!! It is not only this response but others it the past from your little cliques you have on here. I do appreciate the help but please hold your snide remarks! I have treated EVERYONE with dignity and respect on here for years so why the nastiness?! I will just leave it at some peoples total immaturity. If you do not like me or my posts feel free to NOT respond! I've got every right to defend myself and it's just becoming a little much with the attitude. Chazhound used to be an enjoyable place not so much anymore. I will NOT bite my tongue anymore so if you need to sneak in a snide remark expect one right back!:rolleyes:

Lyzelle

Actually, I'm pretty sure MandyPug works at a pet food retailer, so she DOES deal with it constantly and it WAS a general statement.

Get over yourself and lose the attitude? Maybe then you might not get such snide remarks.

I am definitely not in any cliques here, and yes, it does tend to be a bit cliquey here. Just saying from the outside reading her post, I did not take it as being directed at YOU. I took it as working in the industry hearing it from others.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
To be honest... All the posts you have written have made me think you're like... 16. So saying that Mandy must be young made me laugh.

goldiefur

Maybe I am reading it wrong but I took MandyPug's response to be a general post, not directed at the OP?
I think # 3 refers to me as one of the "people" I am not mad that Champion burned down or the oven burned down or whatever it may have been. I was mad at Mr. Chewy and in shock food is not coming for 8 dogs and all I have is Petsmart until I figure out another food to order online!

I think # 3 refers to me as one of the "people" I am not mad that Champion burned down or the oven burned down or whatever it may have been. I was mad at Mr. Chewy and in shock food is not coming for 8 dogs and all I have is Petsmart until I figure out another food to order online!
Well, maybe ask for clarification before attacking? I don't know if there is some sort of history or what but I didnt read it that way.

goldiefur

Obviously something in what I wrote riled Mandypug up enough to share #3 I have no idea where she works or what she has heard. I was simply relaying what a cs rep at Mr. Chewy told me. "Champions kitchen has burnt down and they will not be back in full production until Jan 2013." Maybe mandypug should send them an email and let them know what really happened then.

goldiefur

Lyzelle you are the QUEEN OF ATTITUDE!!! When I think of the clique on here I imagine that you are the ringleader. You sound like a miserable little thing. You are very negative in most of your posts sorry but it is true.

goldiefur

And Lyzelle can look through my posts years back and see I don't have attitude but it is in plain sight that you are nasty in many of your posts!

Members online

No members online now.