Getting sick

azcowgirl

Help Getting Sick!

tigre ( the pit bull puppy ) keeps getting sick. hes had diahria ( sorry for my spelling ) and hes thrown up alot . i live in arizona and its been up to 113 degrees and thats HOT! well do u think hes been getting sick from the heat or what should i do?!!

Last edited:

Susi

hi tigre,

sorry to hear that he is always having diorreha (cannt spell it either). I think you should urgently go to the vet. Dior...causes a great loss of fluid. A few days are ok but if it is constant then it urgent. Maybe he has an infection, please do check it out.

lots of doggie kisses from my two girlie Ridgeback

and susi

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Is there an emergency vet around?

That could be a bunch of things (the worst I can think of is Parvo) but the thing you need to do is hydrate him. He's loosing fluids so try giving him some pedialite....you might have to run to the store. It is good for hyrdration dogs, but other than that I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry :(.

Fran27

I hope it's not parvo. I don't want to imagine what the person who sold it to you did with her mom and siblings if it is! Have you taken him outside since you got him?

Doberluv

Is this pup outside in that heat or in an air conditioned house? If he's getting over heated, this could be very dangerous. Dogs are very prone to heat stroke, which is extremely dangerous. The throwing up and diarrhea can dehydrate a puppy very quickly. It could indeed be parvo. Please get him to a vet asap. I do hope he'll be OK. Let us know.

Barb04

Super Moderator
How is Tigre doing today? I'm worried about him. Please let us know if you took him to the vet and what happened.

How long has this been going on? My little ones will get upset stomache's sometimes and have a bout of diarrhea and vomitting but it never last very long.

azcowgirl

well Tigre is doing good this morning he stopped getting sick around 12 and slept till 8am but hes doing better. hes running around and having fun now. and hes in a airconditoned house. i called a vet this morning and asked them what i should do and she said give him lots of water he may just have a stomach ache or maybe its the food. so we changed the food this morning and i dont know he seems fine hes jumping running and everything so im happy :D

ashlees

max is mine
i have a boxer/pit mix and i had a post about him a few months ago b/c he was sick. I live in Oklahoma and it was near 100 degrees everyday. he had been outside for awhile and wasn't acting like himself or eating or drinking. We thought he was showing symptoms of heat stroke which the vet told us that is what he had probably suffered from. The next morning he was just fine. Everything is so new to a puppy that while he was outside he was running and barking and exploring the backyard that i think he just got to hot. I'm glad he's better. Just make sure that he drinks lots of water and while it's so hot there just keep an eye on him while he's outside playing...Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.