Agility training

DenoLo

Me and the munchkin have our second agility trial tomorrow! We're entered in Snooker and Jumpers again. I'd enter Gamblers but the distance challenge makes me way too nervous.

Hoooping she's not quite as overwhelmed as she was for her first. It'll help a LOT when we get our permanent height card and don't have to be there at 7:30 am.

DJEtzel

Me and the munchkin have our second agility trial tomorrow! We're entered in Snooker and Jumpers again. I'd enter Gamblers but the distance challenge makes me way too nervous.

Hoooping she's not quite as overwhelmed as she was for her first. It'll help a LOT when we get our permanent height card and don't have to be there at 7:30 am.
Good luck!

Here's a video of Recon at class the other night. I was struggling to find a place to sit my phone, so I only got one good video. Just a little pinwheel sequence. :)

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151301020617705

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Whoever suggested using a nose target to drive Backup away from me, thank you. It's not working yet but it is showing me a problem area that I can now address.

He's having trouble acting without seeing the reward (or rather my body because I can hide it in my pocket and still see the issue) so I think starting with this and then revisiting driving away from me through the poles (or jump) will show more progress than rewarding eye flicks because its not showing me any improvement yet.

Anyways, maybe I mentally combined some suggestions but thank you. :)

Flyinsbt

They aren't even allowed in AKC much less required. It's madness. Instead they lowered the tire jump height 4" (so 24" jumping dogs have a 20" tired, 20" dogs have a 16" tire, etc.) which makes no logical sense especially from a safety standpoint.

And there you go! Breakaway tire comes to AKC. Now.

http://images.akc.org/pdf/events/agility/BreakawayTire_Feb2013.pdf

"The AKC Agility staff has finished reviewing the safety concerns posed by the Tire Jump used at
AKC agility trials. The AKC Board of Directors has approved the regulation allowing the use of a
break away tire for AKC agility trials.
Effective March 1, 2013, clubs holding AKC agility trials may use a break-away tire in place of the
standard tire jump. There will be a six month period (March 1 – September 3) during which clubs
may use either the standard solid tire or the break-away tire. Starting September 4, 2013 clubs are
required to use the break-away tire. During the optional use period of March 1 – September 3, 2013
it is recommended that clubs note in their premium if the break-away tire will be used at their trial.
During the optional use period if the tire breaks open it will not be judged as a mandatory
elimination “Fâ€. Starting September 4, 2013 the tire will be judged if it is broken open as an “Fâ€
which will result in a non-qualifying score “NQ"

BostonBanker

Great news!

We are off this weekend for Gusto's second trial. Super excited to get out and play again, especially with how well he's been running in practices. Meg gets to come along and run standard and snooker as well :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew

"The AKC Agility staff has finished reviewing the safety concerns posed by the Tire Jump used at
AKC agility trials. The AKC Board of Directors has approved the regulation allowing the use of a
Effective March 1, 2013, clubs holding AKC agility trials may use a break-away tire in place of the
standard tire jump. There will be a six month period (March 1 – September 3) during which clubs
may use either the standard solid tire or the break-away tire. Starting September 4, 2013 clubs are
required to use the break-away tire. During the optional use period of March 1 – September 3, 2013
it is recommended that clubs note in their premium if the break-away tire will be used at their trial.
During the optional use period if the tire breaks open it will not be judged as a mandatory
elimination “Fâ€. Starting September 4, 2013 the tire will be judged if it is broken open as an “Fâ€
Yep, made a thread about it earlier today: http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248047

Shai

& the Muttly Crew

Yep, made a whole thread about it earlier today. Agility & Sports section.

BostonBanker

Gusto got his first PI Standard Q tonight :D. So proud of him. It's his second real trial, and, while he was definitely slower than he is in training, he walked into the ring and did everything he knows. Start line, contacts, hit his weaves first try and stayed in them, and even did a rear cross into a tunnel (big for him - he's not a tunnel fan). It was his only class today - I'm hoping his speed will increase as he becomes more confident in the ring, but a good listening non-distracted baby dog is pretty darn good!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Weather has cancelled all my agility stuff for two weeks. Makes me sad. I'm hoping this week is still on.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Soooooo Kimma has always had natural running contacts. But of course, now that she's getting faster and more confident about things, she's started leaping off and missing contacts (just at the past two weeks during class, and not on every contact, thankfully). But that does mean that I have to now go back and do a 2o2o. Which is honestly probably safer for us since I'm a green handler, she's a green dog, and she's FAST... But STILL. Not pleased. BLAAAAAHHHHHH :(

Luckily my new training gig lands me awesome perks like free reign at a training facility all day on Saturdays :D

(I'm going to need it!)

SaraB

Zuma and I have been dinking around in CPE, not really going to many trials unless it fit the schedule and only doing one day. As a result we are still in level 2, but I'm hoping to change that so that we can (with any luck) get to play at the CPE Nationals in 2014 when they will be local to us. We finished 3 level 2 titles this weekend, just need a level 2 Jackpot run and we'll be in level 3 for everything. Then we just need to finish those and have 30 Q's to make it in. So cross your fingers that we get into all the trials!

Here are some runs from this weekend:

Level 3 Jumpers. I didn't believe she was going to take the double since her line was off, but she did and of course I wasn't anywhere close to where I was supposed to be. She saved my butt on that one.
[YOUTUBE]WC0cWFa48X8[/YOUTUBE]

Level 2 Standard
[YOUTUBE]ILTQ--nXUiw[/YOUTUBE]

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Zuma and I have been dinking around in CPE, not really going to many trials unless it fit the schedule and only doing one day. As a result we are still in level 2, but I'm hoping to change that so that we can (with any luck) get to play at the CPE Nationals in 2014 when they will be local to us. We finished 3 level 2 titles this weekend, just need a level 2 Jackpot run and we'll be in level 3 for everything. Then we just need to finish those and have 30 Q's to make it in. So cross your fingers that we get into all the trials!

Level 3 Jumpers. I didn't believe she was going to take the double since her line was off, but she did and of course I wasn't anywhere close to where I was supposed to be. She saved my butt on that one.

Level 2 Standard
Good job Zuma!

DJEtzel

Here's a video of Recon from last week... a small sequence, but it was SO nice working with a dog that would drive to the next obstacle, instead of Frag whom I'm used to, having to run completely to every obstacle with him... big difference and SUCH a relief!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z0rFnngTj8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here are a few pictures from our class...

Agility! by DJetzel, on Flickr

adojrts

Level 2 Standard
Awesome!!, lovely distance skills

Members online

No members online now.