Nutro Feeders:

• Thread starter Backward_Cinderella
  • Start date

corgi_love

Almost had a heart attack.. Then remembered Innova is Natura, not Nutro. Terrible though, it seems like lately theres a lot of pet food and products being recalled...

B

Backward_Cinderella

My cousin feeds it, and had her dogs to the vet this morning because they were vomiting and pooping every where. Poor Duncan and Jack. :(
At least now we know what the deal was!

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
OMG, I gave the girls Nutro samples last week (I ran out of dog food, i feel so bad for it) But I had plenty of nutro samples to give them breakfast and my dad bought more dog food for them.

it's been almost a week since they ate it, and no diareahh or vomiting. think they are alright?

Romy

Taxiderpy
So glad you posted this! My neighbor was telling me this afternoon that her dane was puking and having diarrhea, and as soon as she stopped feeding him the nutro he got better. Maya, I think that they're probably all right. Max's reaction to the bad food was really immediate, and he improved 100% in 24 hours.

B

Backward_Cinderella

So glad you posted this! My neighbor was telling me this afternoon that her dane was puking and having diarrhea, and as soon as she stopped feeding him the nutro he got better. Maya, I think that they're probably all right. Max's reaction to the bad food was really immediate, and he improved 100% in 24 hours.
That is scary. The last time there was a petfood recall my neighbor was involved in it. Her dog died. It was really sad. :( I'm glad this isn't one of those that's like "Your dog WILL die if you feed this," rather "Switch your food and he will be fine."

EDIT:
I just noticed I spelled it wrong in the title of the thread... Wow I feel dumb... Mods, can you change this, or is it something that has to be left the way it is?

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I just want to put out there...that the NUTRO in large capitals is interesting. I saw an article exactly like this, different date....same food and different date different food at that site...consumeraffairs.com

We discussed it on a forum...and found out this site had lots of articles, about lots of food...all in the same vein...IMO that site is suspect...just like ripoff report...

I think caution is always fine....but beware of the source...I have mine on Nutro and have for months well, years counting other dogs and other times...always Nutro or Nature's Recipe. Never a problem...even during the recalls.

Just another viewpoint...this has made the rounds...and as far as I am concerned...sounds like an article that's like the "missing girl" one. Once upon a time perhaps real..now...who knows?

lizzybeth727

Yeah, overall it's not well-written, I personally don't believe it's real.

BUT, let this be a lesson - if your dog has diahrea after eating every day, change the food.

If you open a new bag of food and your dog immediately gets sick after eating one meal out of that bag, something's probably wrong with the food.

2dogmom

Pound Puppy
It's worth going to the source of the information that is cited there and reading ALL of the entries, not just the excerpts. Some have been removed since I last looked a few weeks ago, (like the one from someone who claimed that they thought the Nutro had caused cancer) but there are still plenty of positive reports. You just have to dig because they are buried, but they are there.

Don't get me wrong, there may be problems with Nutro, however, the site in question is there primarily for the purpose of generating revenue from the advertisements on the site AND furthermore is closely associated with a law firm that specializes in class action lawsuits. It was started by a journalist who used to work for AP and UPI. You all can use google as well as I can so all I can say is hunt around, and don't go for the "I saw it on the internet so it must be true" belief too quickly.

Members online

No members online now.