Conditioning tricks?

Lyzelle

Zander's a bit...boney and flabby these days. No muscle at all. We like to hibernate in the winter, and with that goes his muscle.

Specifically looking for inside-friendly, not having to buy anything friendly. I don't have a balance ball or anything like that. I can totally improvise with things like stairs, chairs, and such, though. We don't have hills or anything around here.

We've been working on Spin/Turn, Sit Pretty, Back up (and up stairs), any other suggestions to get him working out a bit more?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Perching on things has been a really great workout for Feist, it gave her the core strength to do sit pretty. Things like lifting one leg at a time, lifting both legs up on one side, lifting a front and a back leg on opposite sides, would be good. Turning chairs on their side and having to step over the legs slowly.

Sekah

The Monster.
Perch, sit pretty up into a 2 legged stand then back down, practicing holding positions on a mattress or otherwise unstable footing. Rear end awareness stuff is good (handstand is a helluva shoulder & core workout). Nothing beats a good game of tug/chase/tug too.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Running stairs (I get lazy sometimes and will throw a treat downstairs, release Roxie, and then call her back when she finds it)

Tug

Fetch up/down stairs

Jumping over things- if you have space in a living room/basement/entryway, you can set up jumps with broomsticks on boxes (get creative). Then, throw a ball/go to the other end and call your dog. You can also just have your dog jump over your leg for treats.

Lyzelle

Thanks guys!

He has zero desire to play tug or fetch at all, unfortunately, but he'll wrestle and we can do the rest pretty easily. And running is always a favorite.

Members online