Fall/winter behavior changes

I have a 5 month old PBGV and we currently live in Germany. Its starting to get colder in the mornings and it stays dark till nearly 9am. My pup Tara, is sleeping later and later each morning. She used to be rushing out of the crate to go to the bathroom but now is totally lazy and sleeps till 9am or later. She's not interested in her food right away either. She opts for waiting till she's done napping to investigate her bowl. She is on antibiotics for a UTI so I am wondering if its the recovery period or is it the seasons? :confused:

ChristineB

Thanks Renee! She's playing a lot more lately and seems to be putting on some weight, not such a lanky looking thing anymore ^_^ Funny thing is though, that she is eating about half of what she used to. Still she seems to have gained some weight and is happy. I've switched her to Acana Grasslands since she refuses to eat anything else but she doesn't seem super enthusiastic about that either. Oh well. She seems herself energy-wise just not appetite-wise... I'm keeping a close eye on her behavior, eating habits and bowel movements in case something does end up being wrong.

She may seem to be eating less if the Acana is higher calorie than what she was eating before :)

Good to hear she's seeming more like a puppy :)

Kharma was a lanky puppy and neither she nor Bimmer were ever enthusiastic eaters unless I had something beyond awesome, like venison. Puppies, like children, don't necessarily need to be roly poly to be healthy ;)

Members online

No members online now.