Oh. My. God.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I am going to freak out in about 5 minutes. There is a dog. A small, yappy dog. Across the street. That has been barking. FOR. THE. LAST. THREE. HOURS! Nonstop. I have to keep the TV on so that my dogs don't start barking. They were fine for the first hour, but I think it's grating on their nerves now as well. I don't know what it's issue is, but I'm gonna freak...

B

Backward_Cinderella

I'd go talk to them, but most of my neighbors are OK with it when I'm like, Hi, your dog has been barking for HOURS. Is everything ok?
I don't know if that's your situation or not, but why not try?

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I don't know if that's your situation or not, but why not try?
Because nobody is home ;)
And because they are being watched by the police (pretty sure they are drug dealers), I'd prefer not to start something with them. I wouldn't put it past them to do something to my dogs when I wasn't home, the guy who lives there has a baaad temper.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
And just thought I'd throw in that I'm okay with dogs barking. I know my dogs bark (though I do my best to keep them quiet as much as possible because not all of my neighbors have dogs, and I don't think they should be forced to listen to mine) a little, and I hear all of the dogs on my street occasionally, some of them daily, but this is constant!

B

Backward_Cinderella

Oh gosh, how scary! I'm sorry! I hope everything turns out OK for you and nothing goes on with them. I wouldn't go over there either if the police are watching... they might think you have something to do with them other than telling them to shut their dog up! lol!

I don't have too much of a problem with dogs barking, but after a while it gets on my nerves. Booger is a barker and I always worry that he is driving the neighbors crazy, so I try to keep him quiet. The neighbor's westie likes to bark at about five in the morning and wake everyone in the neighborhood up, and that's usually when I go over and politely ask them to keep the dog quiet (if not just drop a treat over the fence for her, these neighbors are like my second family so they don't mind).

I feel ya. My neighbors have 8 or 9 dachshunds. They are all outside 24/7/365. They bark non stop. I have a huge yard, but if I step outside, they know and they start barking. Okay, I've lived here for a year, get over it you yappy little bastards. So anyways, if THAT wasn't bad enough, they got some sort of huge hound dog mix last year that barks INSANELY loud. So now they have 10 incessantly barking dogs that put a huge damper on me trying to enjoy any time outside. I finally screamed at them last week. I tried to not say anything for the longest time because, like you, I feared retaliation towards my dogs. But I blew up and yelled instead. Human nature, I guess.

I hate people like that. People always say "Can't you just talk to them" but in my case, WHY? I mean, do they not know they have barking obnoxious dogs? Ten dogs barking all day and night isn't something you just don't notice. If my dogs are outside and bark once, I make them stop or put them back in the house. It's just curtousy. Apparently some have it and some don't. :mad:

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I feel ya. My neighbors have 8 or 9 dachshunds. They are all outside 24/7/365. They bark non stop. I have a huge yard, but if I step outside, they know and they start barking. Okay, I've lived here for a year, get over it you yappy little bastards. So anyways, if THAT wasn't bad enough, they got some sort of huge hound dog mix last year that barks INSANELY loud. So now they have 10 incessantly barking dogs that put a huge damper on me trying to enjoy any time outside. I finally screamed at them last week. I tried to not say anything for the longest time because, like you, I feared retaliation towards my dogs. But I blew up and yelled instead. Human nature, I guess.

I hate people like that. People always say "Can't you just talk to them" but in my case, WHY? I mean, do they not know they have barking obnoxious dogs? Ten dogs barking all day and night isn't something you just don't notice. If my dogs are outside and bark once, I make them stop or put them back in the house. It's just curtousy. Apparently some have it and some don't. :mad:
Just wondering, don't you have an AC that will come and give them a citation for violating the noise ordinance? Most places do have some sort of noise ordinance in place that says people can't let their dogs bark 24/7.

We've never had a problem with barking dogs either at the old house or this current house. There is a boarding kennel near us though and in the early morning if you go outside you can hear the dogs barking, and you can hear them sometimes in the evening too.

Be aware that reports to AC are not necessarily anonymous. The call logs are public record in most places, and some ACs will tell the subject of the call who made the report without even being asked.

Be aware that reports to AC are not necessarily anonymous. The call logs are public record in most places, and some ACs will tell the subject of the call who made the report without even being asked.

Yup. I found that out the hard way years ago. It resulted in having the drunk a-hole show up at my door at 11 at night when I was home alone. He left promptly after the four danes showed him the way out. :D

Sweet, in my neck of the woods, it's almost impossible to get A/C to do anything about true cruelty/neglect, much less barking dogs. :(

Members online

No members online now.