So Pissed At The Vet

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
So I called the vet b4 i took Jazz in for a estimate. I SPECIFICLY told them Thyroid, Hips, Elbows and VwD done and SENT IN to ofa and vet gen. I asked how much. They quoted me a price and I got them to check the price TWICE to make sure. So I get there. Do the tests and they charge me $200 MORE than the quote. PLUS they didnt sent VwD in I have to and pay an extra $140 to vet gen. They just do the swabs. I just got a call from them saying her thyroid was back and to call them. So I called

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
They did the test themselves and now want $26 to send it to OFA. HELLO that what you were supposed to do with it INCLUDED in the price I paid. Not to mention I was told her Reg # and name was good enough. Now I have to drive 1.5hrs EACH way to bring them her certificate because Im not allowed to fax it. For **** sakes. Its costing me DOUBLE for it than you said and they didnt even do what I asked! This vet was highly recomended by breeders to. Its the principals behind the BS that has me pissed

bubbatd

Sounds pricey , but it's been a while since I've done it . OFA has always been extra and to me well worth it .....No vet can give you an exact reading ....just their opinion.

Dekka

Just try me..
I would be peeved too. You asked them if they were sure those were the prices....

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Im not pissed at the fact its expensive. Im pissed that I got a quote TWICE and they didnt even do all that I asked and its DOUBLE the quote. Oh and I used the wrong smiley.

R

RedyreRottweilers

well that just really bites, doesn't it?

:(

I hope you get it all worked out. It might help when you are having multiple things like that done to take a check list with you, and when you pick the dog up, go over the list and make sure they got it all done before you leave.

:D

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Thanks for the tip Red. It does bite. BUT I whont make the same mistake again. I just get to make all new ones :p Maybe if I get through all this crap BEFORE shes actualy bred the dog breeding gods will have pitty on me and the pregnancey whelp and raising the pups will all go smoothly.

Nos&Diesel

Yeah that is really rough!
I took my girl (Nos) into be spayed and I always do the same thing ring and get a quote first..... When i went back they tried the same thing!!! It worked out an extra aprox 200 dollars!!!

I was pi$$ed off I argued it becuase they where charging me for things they hadnt even mentioned to me like they did a skin scrapping that I didnt ask them to and said it was an extra 50 dollars cause she bleed lots... then tried to tell me that she must of just come off heat... (she was on heat 2months before) and then they said "" are you sure she hasnt has puppies, cause she looks like she has"" Ive had her since she was 6weeks old she def has not had puppies!!!!

I just told the vet that I had been quoted a certain price and didnt ask for all the other stuff...... and that they could have rung me if they thought it was important to do. And that I had not given them permission to do it. And they then just charged me what they had quoted!

Arrrrrrrr i find that really anoying as well so i feel for you! I just know that as soon as they send me one of those letters thats addressed to Nos and saying "Nos you are due for your annual ...bla bla bla" I will be ringing them and asking that they take mine and Nos's details off there books and I have found a new vet! (THAT DOESNT LIE or do things that I havent asked for!!!)

Hope it works out better for you soon.

Nic

Romy

Taxiderpy
Jerks! This is why we always insist on getting the quote in writing and signed by whoever is in charge with any company we are doing business with. :(

bubbatd

Personally , unless you know your vet don't even bother calling around for quotes ....they don't know your dogs or their history . Sure a S/N may be quoted but there's always more involved . They need to do more tests to assure a safe surgery . I've only had 2 vet clinics in 50 plus years ....and only because of a move . Both were established ( private ) back in the 40s. I really don't like the " fly be night vets " .....the best go to the old clinics ..............and stay there until they retire .
+
+

Members online

No members online now.