The Venting Thread

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I don't think it's as simple as just "working breeders." Most "working breeders" I've seen are weekend-warrior types, who go to retrieving or manwork or herding trials on weekends... some have 20 acres, 20 sheep and some mini-horses or something... not that this is bad! but I don't think that helps much in maintaining health.

Now, dogs that truly work on big ranches or run miles beside an ATV hunting... yeah I think that probably helps weed out dogs that are less robust. I would also guess that people who have dogs for work first and foremost are less likely to make excuses for dogs that aren't quite right. I mean if you think of dogs that have life expectancies of <10 years, how many are breeds that have been used for some legitimate, physical job until recently?
This is what Izze's parents did ... Ran alongside the rancher's horses or ATVs all day. They used them to keep the herd together & help separate the yearlings from the mothers & help separate the bull from the cows when breeding was over.

Katem

I was ordering our food for the week when I realized that we spend $160 a month on Snapple and Gatorade. I do not drink Snapple or Gatorade.

I don't understand how they can go through so much of the stuff. And the empty bottles take up our whole recycling bin. Sooooo I decided not to order any drinks this week. I wonder how long it will take my brother to realize that there's no Snapple in the house.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Why can I not just have a logical, reasonable discussion with my parents.
Ever.
About anything.

My 25 year old nephew bought a "pitbull" puppy, he owns his own place and his parents flipped their lids and are making him get rid of him because they are back wood hick who won't listen to reason and clearly he is going to eat my nephew in his sleep.

DJEtzel

My 25 year old nephew bought a "pitbull" puppy, he owns his own place and his parents flipped their lids and are making him get rid of him because they are back wood hick who won't listen to reason and clearly he is going to eat my nephew in his sleep.
PLEASE send him to me.

Grab

This x 3:p

I am on call this weekend, starting from tonight going through Monday morning. I am the tech of death this weekend. So far my emergencies have consisted of 2 DOAs, one dog who wants to possibly pass on, and a euthanasia. I do not approve of this.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm going to Hoosier Horse Fair with a friend and we are staying in a hotel. We had to call the front desk twice last night because this group of guys where being super loud RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR DOOR at 11:30 pm and then again at 3 am.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
According to my mother I'm an animal abuser because I would rather my dog be crated when I'm out than to allow her to take my dog out to the country without me there.

Eta: she also insists that Izzie doesn't get to live a real dog life and hers do. Yeah her dogs who rarely leave the house and sleep almost all the time are living a real dog life and mine who goes for daily walks and travels and plays with me isn't. Suuuure

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My vent: one (or more) of my dogs keeps farting at night EVERY night & it wakes me out of a dead sleep every time! I might need to invest in a has mat mask :/
Oh man I first read that as "fainting" every night and I was about to lecture about needing to go to the vet! Farting is much less serious :lol-sign:

Oko

Silence, peasants.
That moment when you're frantically looking for something. And find it. Because YOU'RE HOLDING IT. *headdesk*

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Oh man I first read that as "fainting" every night and I was about to lecture about needing to go to the vet! Farting is much less serious :lol-sign:
Lol I looked back on the post to see of I accidentally put "fainting" instead of "farting" lol but I didn't ... Though it wouldn't surprise me if I had because its not the easiest thing to type all this **** on a phone keyboard.

My folks & me have arguments about the dogs (only one of them is technically there's ... The rest, including Bear ... Who was bought with money I earned & his papers are in my name) are mine & they think its "cruel" for me to give timeouts or to make them "work" for treats, or when Josefina loses privladges when she doesn't listen.

It also hurts my feelings (tho I know they don't do it on purpose) when they talk about Izze like she was a bad dog :( I tell them that just because they couldn't make her listen doesn't make her a bad dog ... She was a one person dog, MY dog & she was the only dog I ever had that was what I like to call an "up yours" dog lol.

Oh I know its fraking stupid, I told him to grow a pair...they told him that Hemi can never come to their farm, and that they won't come over as long as he has Hemi. I told him to man up, and tell them that he is staying home with Hemi instead of going out there a few times and their tune will change, I mean who could possibly resist that face? I told him he could out wait them, it will not take long at all. Effing hicks!

Members online