The Good News thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Had my foot looked at for the chronic pain I've been having. Turns
Out to be "Morton's Neuroma". Basically it's an inflammation and irritation of the nerves between the joints in the ball of your foot. Really sensitive between the 2nd and 3rd toe on the foot.

Doc gave me a cortisone shot between the toes today for it which I was kind of nervous about. I am not afraid of needles but the idea of one between the toes makes me shudder! Turns out it's really not bad. I actually didn't even feel it except for a quick burning for a split section when he did the injection.

My foot is aching something fierce right though and the area is pretty swollen but they said some Aleve should take care of it.

He said it would take about a week for full effect but if I still have pain in 3-4 weeks to come back and see the foot surgeon
For more specialized look at it :)

Grab

Had my foot looked at for the chronic pain I've been having. Turns
Out to be "Morton's Neuroma". Basically it's an inflammation and irritation of the nerves between the joints in the ball of your foot. Really sensitive between the 2nd and 3rd toe on the foot.

Doc gave me a cortisone shot between the toes today for it which I was kind of nervous about. I am not afraid of needles but the idea of one between the toes makes me shudder! Turns out it's really not bad. I actually didn't even feel it except for a quick burning for a split section when he did the injection.

My foot is aching something fierce right though and the area is pretty swollen but they said some Aleve should take care of it.

He said it would take about a week for full effect but if I still have pain in 3-4 weeks to come back and see the foot surgeon
For more specialized look at it :)
Jealous. I have a painful foot, but there is one foot doctor in town. I have tried calling this office numerous times and they Never. Answer.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
DH gave me the go ahead to get a new piano as my current off brand keyboard has died. :D

So, if things go as planned and we have a green light financially at the end of next month (yey for me working!)...I should be a proud owner of a Casio PX-850! Hooray!

I may choose to wait a few more months because I'm me...but at least now I know I have his blessing to spend the money on one instead of simply drooling. Lol

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Jealous. I have a painful foot, but there is one foot doctor in town. I have tried calling this office numerous times and they Never. Answer.
Ugh I am so sorry! Nothing worse than painful feet. I went to an orthopedic clinic. I called one and couldn't get in to the doc for a month. Called another an they got me in next day... I had to drive a bit farther but worth it!

I hope you can get in soon :( foot pain sucks when you can't just NOT use your feet.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Got to mow the lawn with a riding lawn mower for the first time ever today! Loads of fun. I don't think I'm too bad at it, did the trees really well. Still have an acre to mow though because the sun started setting. I took a LONG time...

I suck at backing it into the garage though. omfg. tiny spaces.

Also... gonna plant a garden and work on getting some birds into this yard. I <3 birds :D If I get adventurous, I may even get a humming bird feeder. But bees. Terrified of bees.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Mouse! He's called a pied brindle.
Lol! I thought there was something very un-rat-like about those ears. It's just the size of the mouse/box that threw me off, sorry!! Like I said, very limited experience, sorry.

I had no idea they came in brindle! How do you get a pied brindle?

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
My gene knowledge is rusty at best, but brindle is dominant if memory serves, and pied/broken/etc is also dominant.

Brindle is the only color linked to obesity in adulthood, so hopefully we'll figure out a good way to combat that as he ages. Rick (who was previously kind of scared of mice), is enamored with him... I imagine he'll spend many, many hours hanging out in bed with us. :)

teacuptiger

floor dancer
My gene knowledge is rusty at best, but brindle is dominant if memory serves, and pied/broken/etc is also dominant.

Brindle is the only color linked to obesity in adulthood, so hopefully we'll figure out a good way to combat that as he ages. Rick (who was previously kind of scared of mice), is enamored with him... I imagine he'll spend many, many hours hanging out in bed with us. :)
That is really fascinating. I really need to get back into rats and mice and genetics. Fish, too.

I wonder why brindle is linked to obesity? Quite interesting! I've got some stuff to read up on now :) I hope you and Rick enjoy Bane! He is such a cute little mouse :D

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
First - I LOVE living here so far. People here just seem to be....better lol.

Second - I have a sort of job. It's a one day thing working for Humane Society International. I get to dress up in a rabbit costume and carry a sign with "#CrueltyFree" on it and pose for pictures for $15/hr. I don't know much about the organization but they don't seem as totally out there as HSUS or PETA so... Eh should be a cool experience either way.

As long as I don't have to throw paint on people or be vocal I'm good :rolleyes:

Got a text today that my car is off the boat and on a truck heading this way. I told my coworkers that today might be the last day they see Dori since I have my husband's car tomorrow. I will be beyond happy to move onto a different car and not feel stuck at home, or that I can't go anywhere too far because my car might not start back up.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Had an awesome day at the beach today. Abrams was SO excited to head to the water, had he not been wearing his prong I would have been pulled over. Lol We were able to find a spot that actually got deep, and he was able to swim, too!

Another guy was out with his dog and he stopped by to let the dogs play. Pretty little cattle dog mix thing. He was new to the area, too, and we're going to attempt to meet up again for more play dates on the beach! Cynder was so excited to have a dog her size to play with.

Cynder waded out into the water, too, without us encouraging her! That was a first in her life, I think.

Good breakfast, good morning out, good lunch, and now relaxing. Good, good day. It's also weird having Michael around so much. He's been off of work since Thursday afternoon. I don't think we've spent this much unintenterupetted time together since summer of last year. It's been nice.

Members online

No members online now.