How much have you spent on training?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Too much. Lol, I really have no idea. Right now it's about 300 every 8 or so weeks for four classes.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I've done most of the work myself, but probably close to six hundred. If I'd had to PAY for Ozzys behavioral consult and work that would be about 1500 right there. He's put holes in dogs, and there aren't many people in the area that even work with dogs like him. And only one I actually trust. But that worked out brilliantly in my favor. :p

All told, I've probably taken and done about 3000 dollars worth of classes and private sessions and consults mostly for free. Yay for being a professional trainer these days!

Taqroy

I'm surprised by the amount of Chazzers that are trainers/in training/work at training facilities!

Oh and something I forgot to add to my first post - training has definitely been worth every penny. When I compare my dogs before we started training to now they're just different dogs. SO glad I got into it when I did.

M

MyHorseMyRules

Add me to the "I don't want to think about it" group. I tried adding up what SAR costs for Linds once. It wasn't pretty.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Wow, $1200 between Zoey, Psyche, Crash, Simi so far, and all of the public classes Bella took. Adding to that another probably 2 grades of obedience for Simi, plus her agility classes (3 or 4 levels!), so yeah... lots of money.

And that's not including the money spent on trials that I used as training for Psyche, plus all the fun matches.

B

Blue_Dog

I bought a clicker once but I never used it. And some small treats for training when he was a puppy. So under $10. He loves dogs, people, has a good recall, is fine on a leash and can do basic obedience and a few tricks.

Now while agility classes would be fun, it's not going to happen in the foreseeable future. :p

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh and something I forgot to add to my first post - training has definitely been worth every penny. When I compare my dogs before we started training to now they're just different dogs. SO glad I got into it when I did.
Yeah I agree. We never learned anything "new" in the classes we've taken (agility being the exception), but just taking it to a different level and practicing it more was sooo beneficial for Juno. Last winter we took a level 1 and level 2 obedience class just to give us something to do, since we couldn't get out of the house much.... I wasn't expecting to get anything out of it... but lo and behold, I actually saw a lot of improvement in her. So worth it :D

Members online

No members online now.