Silken Windhound?

Bodi's Mom

Hylen's Bodacious Big Boy
We were at the dog park today (a different one than usual) and there was a beautiful "borzoi-ish" looking dog. Absolutely striking. She was mostly black with some white markings on her chest, feet, muzzle and tail. I asked her owner what she was, and I was informed that "Ivy" was a Silken Windhound. She was exquisite. Has anyone ever seen or heard of these dogs?

Dekka

Just try me..
Yes I have met some. Pretty dogs. They show the BRC same as the LHW.

The b/w is a silken windhound. They are similar to LHW but have a double coat, are larger, and have a more borzoi face.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I know there was one brief thread about the Whippets but I'd like to hear a little more compare/contrast about the two if possible? I know I could go Google a lot of this, but I'd like to hear from people who are actually in the breeds and can tell the real story and not the urban version.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
There are a few around here and I've had the pleasure of meeting one once. Beautiful dogs!

Though (and this may just be because I'm smitten with Bounce and Dash) I like LHW better ;)

Dekka

Just try me..
They do say they are the smallest coated sight hound.. but all the ones I have met are bigger than the LHW.

They are pretty.. but I do like the silkier coats on the LHW :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
They do say they are the smallest coated sight hound.. but all the ones I have met are bigger than the LHW.

They are pretty.. but I do like the silkier coats on the LHW :)
Are the LHW coats single coated? I adore single coated feathered coats. They're so much easier to keep up than the double coats....

Dekka

Just try me..
Yes whippets (of short or long hair) have single coats. Borzoi and Silken Windhounds have double coats.

Members online

No members online now.