Miss Muffin...breed guesses

My sister, her kids, and her husband just adopted this little cutie yesterday. She is a 3 month old rescue, and her mom was a terrier mix of some sort(possibly a Wire Haired Fox Terrier mix). Dad is unknown.

She has a skin infection they are treating her for, and is still in the 'adjusting' phase of moving in(you can tell by her little face). The pictures aren't the greatest, but I told my sister I would post her pictures here and ask.....what do you think she has in her?

My guess....JRT-Papillon, with maybe some sheltie in her. She is currently 5 pounds, so she is a tiny little thing.

Here is a picture of her from the rescue. I think she is quite the cutie!:

and at home:

Hey little doggie, I was muffin first. :( :p

What a cutiepie!!!Adorable. No help with the breed guesses tho. :)
LOL Ali, it is funny you said that...I was thinking that after I posted it...Her original name was 'Star', but they said it didn't fit her. So Muffin it is;)

I can totally see papillon in there.
I am so happy to see you responded and saw the papillon too! I immediately thought papillon when I saw her pictures. Apparently, she is already attached to my niece at the hip. The vet even commented on it when they brought her in. They are so excited with the new addition!

The way her ears tip makes me think of a sheltie, but I guess that's a pretty far out guess.

I do see papillion in her. She's adorable. :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
LOL Ali, it is funny you said that...I was thinking that after I posted it...Her original name was 'Star', but they said it didn't fit her. So Muffin it is;)

I am so happy to see you responded and saw the papillon too! I immediately thought papillon when I saw her pictures. Apparently, she is already attached to my niece at the hip. The vet even commented on it when they brought her in. They are so excited with the new addition!
LOL! That personality sounds papillon too. A new person is new instant best friend! Other than her ears and being heavier boned, she looks very much like a papillon puppy. The ears could be combo JRTxpapillon ears but even in just paps it's not unusual for them to have ears like that a while. Some even have semi-prick ears as adults.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Btw, I showed this to Josie and she goes 'Awww.... is that a papillon?"
Me: "A mix."
Josie *nods*: "Oh, it's mixed with terrier."

Thanks so much for your opinions everyone:)

My sister agrees that she is a pap/jrt mix. We will never know for sure, but it definitely fits for now!!

I thought I would update this thread with a video my sister just sent. Muffin is fitting in quite well!

YouTube - muffin

Members online

No members online now.