She's gorgeous (deaf dane on CL)

I hate when people don't give a reason. I mean, most reasons are rediculous or lies, but at least they put forth the effort.

And at 9 months, she's still very much a puppy. They don't know for sure *what* she's good with yet. When she hits maturity, she may hate all of the things she likes now. And with a deafie, that can be a real challenge. I'd just hate for someone to get a false sense of security with a giant breed with special needs. Hopefully she'll go to someone with experience with a deaf dog. It'd be really awesome if she'd go to someone with experience with a deaf dane.

Sigh.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
If my mom would move out already I'd be able to foster, but she says now she's not moving out until it gets warm out :(

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
*does the warm up dance and sign the f*cking papers already dance with SFD*

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
she is a stunner,
deaffies actually do sooo well, teach with hand signals and just dont sneak up on them...
i hope she gets a great forever home without someone who understands danes (because being deaf is simply an inconvenience lol)

she is a stunner,
deaffies actually do sooo well, teach with hand signals and just dont sneak up on them...
i hope she gets a great forever home without someone who understands danes (because being deaf is simply an inconvenience lol)
Yes, deafies *can* do well, but only if someone with half a brain has them. They can be quite difficult in the wrong hands, such as the one deafie I took in. She was quite nasty when I first got her, but she turned around with some patience and stability.

That's all I was saying. I personally have an affinity for the deafies, and have owned a few. They have an underlying sweetness.

Members online

No members online now.