This is probably a loaded question...but.....

I would rather we liberate us first. I want to swap out the soldiers for the politicians. I do believe they have much more work to do at least thats what they keep saying. Bring the soldiers home with a big thank you and any spitters should go with the politicians to Iraq.

Melissa_W

I don't think there was ever a reason to go to Iraq, and we shouldn't have even started the whole thing. The Bush administration was so arrogant to think they could walk in there and crush them and be out of there in 6 months...If they even believed that. The whole thing is just stirring the pot, creating more anti-american sentiment, and putting the American people in danger, imo.

Fran27

I totally agree with Melissa. I think what irks me the most is the whole 'we're doing it to save the people' thing, when it was really just for economical reasons.

I think the plan was to bomb them into total submission. That tactic wouldnt work on me unless I was killed from it. So unless we want to commit ourselves to genocide, this plan wont work. <<see through the eyes of your enemy>>The more of my countrymen that were hurt the harder I would fight the people who created this. I am a peaceful guy but sending a tomahawk missile into my neighborhood would make a "terrorist" out of a normally peacefull fellow.

I'm sure that other countries get really tired of the US government butting in to their issues. My daughters boyfriend was in Canada about a month ago, playing in a baseball tournament, and he had a Texas baseball hat on, and he was harrassed my people because he was an American and was wearing a hat from Bush's home state. They didn't like Bush at all. I asked my daughters b/f if he said " alot of us don't like him either"? He said "yes" he did...they had a pretty nice discussion after that.

Melissa_W

Buckshot said:
I think the plan was to bomb them into total submission. That tactic wouldnt work on me unless I was killed from it. So unless we want to commit ourselves to genocide, this plan wont work. <<see through the eyes of your enemy>>The more of my countrymen that were hurt the harder I would fight the people who created this. I am a peaceful guy but sending a tomahawk missile into my neighborhood would make a "terrorist" out of a normally peacefull fellow.

Exactly!!!

First off, those who do the declaring of war should have to do the actual fighting. That would put a damper on a lot of this stuff.

Second, the first rule of war should be that you have to eat what you kill. That would definitely stop a lot of this nonsense.

Fran27

I just don't trust American leaders one bit... You've ever seen that video that was on the Internet showing that it was totally impossible that the 'plane' that landed on the pentagon on 9/11 was really a plane? You've ever heard the rumors that the only reason the towers collapsed is because there were secret experiments done in the basement, and it's the stuff that spread through the pipes that made it collapse? And what about JFK's assassination?

I'm not going to say that there aren't weird things in other countries too... but the American government is really fishy. Plus, Bush uses people's religions beliefs to get them on their sides, and it makes me sick.

joce

regardless of how I feel about the war,I want our people out. Have you heard how many people have died in Ohio lately?! Every time I turn on the news I am afraid I will hear some one I know is dead again. I don't even know tha tmany people in the military yet I know more than enough people that have been killed or seriouesly injured. I just saw one of the kids I grew up with the other day and I didn't even know what to say to him. His leg is basically gone nad he just looked so just blah. It just wasn't him. My friend who was in my clinical last january -may or sos husband got killed this summer. They just got married in november. I didn't know what to say to her eitheir. She firmly believied he would be coming home and I cry just thinking about it. Some of our friends came back,they are a group of three brothers,when one of them got their eye injured really bad. All I heard from them was how to kill someone silently. I'm scared for them when they come home for good to :(

And at this point i think we eitheir have to blow them all up or just get out. It won't work any other way. You can't change people who have lived like that for hundreds of years in a couple years.

Not saying I want them blown up,I have no suggestions.

joce

I'm up by lake erie. Between cleveland and cedar point(sandusky).

There is no sense in fighting for freedom in a place that you dont live. The people wont be able to hold it if you leave. The result is they now live under our laws. The idea for fighting for freedom in this country is lost at the voting booth. Thousands upon thousands have died in our wars for freedom only to have the freedom they died for chisled away by voters. I hope the soldiers dont get smart and turn on the voters. Although if they live up to their oath, they would have to.

Members online