Bloody stool

chloe

My dog, Chloe, is 15 years old. Her stool, the first time around, was surrounded by blood. I thought maybe it was the treats that I was giving her, which contained a reddish color. The second time around, her stool was red, which looked very mushy and left a red stain on the weewee pad. It definitely looked like blood. I have grave concerns and I don't know what this could mean. She seems in good spirits. Her nose is wet, not warm. She's running around, eating normally, taking treats normally. I'm just waiting till she has to relieve herself again to see what her stool is like. Should I have concerns? Has anyone come accross something like this? Please help. I've had her since the day she was born. She's special to me because she was a cesarian section that the vet said, she almost did not make into this world.

Sheba314

if your dog has diarrhea, that can be a sign of the parvovirus. Does he have a loss of appetite or fever? Look at this page and read up on it. Hope your dog is Ok. :(
~**Shanna**~

dogsrmylife86

Allison&Ginger
i agree a trip to the vet is very nesessary. it could mean your dog has colon cancer.

regards,
allison

PawsRanch6

wouldn't worry to much about taking a stool sample with ya! A lot of vets prefer to do a "direct" stool sample. they take a plasic stool colection divice and stick it in the rectum to get a sample that is not contaminated. As for the parvovirus if the dog it 15 and been vaccinated yearly I wouldn't think it was that. she might have eaten something when you weren't looking or might be something related to being 15yrs old! Please post back what the diagnosis is! Thanx and I hope everything turns out good!

Members online