Fifty Shades of Grey...

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
My husband was working from home today, and when I got off work this this text was waiting for me:

"When the ups man arrived, my inner goddess was jumping for joy, but my subconscious was all "meh", because it knew I have to keep working..."

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm about two thirds of the way through. The plot is getting better, but I really feel for the main character-so far it just seems like she's only doing all this because it's the only way she can have Christian.

yoko

I keep saying I'm going to read it just so I know what everyone at work is talking about but I've never gotten around to it.

Also every time that I hear that it started as a fanfic I mentally picture the My Immortal fanfic and cringe lol.

I keep saying I'm going to read it just so I know what everyone at work is talking about but I've never gotten around to it.

Also every time that I hear that it started as a fanfic I mentally picture the My Immortal fanfic and cringe lol.
Oh my god, can't stop laughing.

I did want to come in here in defense of Fanfiction, there is some incredibly well written, should be published stuff out there!

My Immortal though, now that is something.

yoko

I did want to come in here in defense of Fanfiction, there is some incredibly well written, should be published stuff out there!

Honestly I'd probably buy a copy of My Immortal just to have a printed version to read when ever I needed a laugh.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.

Actually, I was reading some fanfic the other day and told DH that I thought it was better written than Fifty Shades-it had a much more interesting plot and they did a good job with character development.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Oh my god, My Immortal. My old roommate and I went through a period where we'd read My Immortal out loud to each other. It was like bonding time. It even won the very first spot in our House Commandments at our second apartment:

Picklepaige

My Immortal is my favorite work of fiction. How can you deny such beautiful prose such as "snap and loopin were doing it on the floor, and Dobby was watching!!!", "'Crookshanks!' I shouted at him. Voldemort fell of his broom and started to scream. I felt bad for him even though I'm a sadist so I stopped" and "'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHER****ERS' it was...........................DUMBLEDOOR!!!!!!!!!"

yoko

My Immortal is my favorite work of fiction. How can you deny such beautiful prose such as "snap and loopin were doing it on the floor, and Dobby was watching!!!", "'Crookshanks!' I shouted at him. Voldemort fell of his broom and started to scream. I felt bad for him even though I'm a sadist so I stopped" and "'WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHER****ERS' it was...........................DUMBLEDOOR!!!!!!!!!"
You left out the award winning sex scenes. So realistic. Fifty Shades should take note.

Members online