Finally found something that works

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I was having problems with teddy when people would come over. We didn't have people over very often so when we did he got very excited and was out of control. It got to the point where I didn't even want people to come over because i was embarassed. However, tonight we had a friend over and when she first got here i put teddy on his halti and lead. At first he was fighting it and still trying to jump all over her but I restrained him with the lead and told him to sit and lay down. Then we moved to the living room and I went and got teddy a treat and we sat close to chris (the lady visiting) and I made him to some tricks (the halti and lead are still on him) Once his attention was focused on me instead of our visitor for a while I praised him for behaving so well and then I walked him over to chris and had her give him a command (lay down) and a treat. He was VERY good. He listened and obeyed her command without any jumping or fuss. I praised him again for being so calm. Then I went and got his ball and distracted him with fetch for a LONG time (halti off now) He was PERFECT. he only jumped up twice when she first got here and he was corrected. After that he was calm and relaxed and she could pet him without him clobbering her on the couch. I couldn't believe how well behaved he was. Even she was shocked at the difference it made in his behaviour.

I'm so happy :D

Doberluv

Oh, that's fantastic. You did everything right. Now he's learned that when visitors come over, if he "behaves" himself, he gets told how wonderful he is, gets treats and all kinds of attention. Keep up the practice!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I was so proud of him :D It's tough for him because we don't get a lot of people over here so when someone comes over its like a special treat lol but he did a very good job :D

Members online

No members online now.