Does everyone buy poo bags or just use random plastics?

When I was younger for our old dog we always used grocery bags/kitchen disposal bags for poop bags. Buying them and paying extra for something like that was unfathomable to my parents. Alot of folks carry on in this way and don't ever buy poo bags. I can understand not wanting to pay extra for picking up your dog's excrement.

Now I buy them because they're eco friendly, convenient, easy to use, and often nicely scented which helps for the duration of time it has to be with me before it lands in a trash can. They aren't that expensive either - usually below $9 for something like 120 bags. On occasions when I've been truly skimped and money couldn't be spared for bags (I used the money for treats, food etc instead) I switched over to bio degradable plastic grocery bags.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
In Miami, bags are free because they have dispensers all over the park/street.. so I simply use those.

but yes, otherwise.. I buy my own. Amazon has AWESOME deals on bags. 220 of them + Free dispenser for $9.99 (free shipping!). I don't mind them not being scented as I never thrown them away in my own trashcan regardless..
I wouldn't want to be totting around a grocery bag on a walk and I'm sure I'd forget it.. plus I like that the dispenser attaches to the lead.

BostonBanker

I buy the bags, especially now that I have 2 dogs. The fit in my pocket more easily (before use), and are smaller to carry around.

Plus, these days we usually use reusable grocery bags, so we no longer have a huge stash of them like we did when we were kids.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Both, I get poop bags at work and grocery bags at home. For the yard I always use grocery bags, one to catch and one to cover my hand while I collect poop daily, for the walks I use the poop bags.

Maxy24

I buy the bags because the dispenser clips to my belt loop and I'm not afraid of mystery holes. Plus the grocery bags get used for litter box scooping.

CaliTerp07

We used to always use grocery bags, but now that we take the reusable bags to the grocery store, we don't get the plastic bags anymore! So I started buying the mini poop bags. They fit in your pocket easier, which is nice.

YodelDogs

I used to use generic brand ziplock sandwich bags. They were cheap and easy to use. The only problem was that I sometimes forgot to stop and put some in my pockets before heading out for a walk. Now I buy poop bags at the Dollar Tree. You get a pack of 3 rolls (60 bags total) for $1. I have poop bag holders attached to my leashes so now I never find myself without a bag.

Recycle plastic grocery bags here, because it's cheap. However, I've recently decided that it might be a better idea to go with those scented doggie poo bags, erm, cause riding 1-2 hours in a van with Enda poo isn't the most enjoyable thing on the planet.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
The apts here provide them so it makes it easy. If Not I have to use what I have on hand, but I would much prefer the smaller size.

BostonBanker

Recycle plastic grocery bags here, because it's cheap. However, I've recently decided that it might be a better idea to go with those scented doggie poo bags, erm, cause riding 1-2 hours in a van with Enda poo isn't the most enjoyable thing on the planet.
Eww. Open hatch/cargo area door. Rest bag on bumper. Slam the top of the bag into the door. Open when you get home and throw the bag away.

Eww. I could never stand to drive with poop in my car!

yoko

Little poop bags. We don't get plastic bags that often from the store and when we do we use it as trash bags for the smaller trash cans. Also It seems like most of those store bags have small holes in the bottom and if I have to carry poop it is going to be in a bag with no holes.

Both.

We save all our random plastic bags, but mostly use those for yard poop patrol and for cleaning litter boxes. With 4 cats, we go through a lot of them, there's no way we have enough random plastic bags to use them for all the walks, too.

Plus, I like those little rolls of poop bags, they're so easy to slip in a pocket or whatever.

Doberluv

I usually get them in two places; parks where they have dispensers all over the place. I'll grab a few extras when I go to those places. And whenever I go on the ferry boat, they have these tiny, scented bags in the bathroom stalls for feminine "products." I'll swipe a few of those and stick them in my pocket. They're only good for Chihuahua poops though because they're very small. They're nice because they're not bulky in my pockets when I go on walks where I need to pick up their poop.

I see poo bags cheap somewhere, I will pick up a 3-pack, because they're just too convenient to be ignored. If I'm out, I use grocery bags and don't make a special trip to get poo bags. My dogs don't poo too often in public at any rate.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Nope. My dogs don't poop when out and about. The only time Juno poops anywhere in public is at the dog park and they have bags there.

Even if I did need bags I can't see myself buying them. Plastic target bags all the way.

monkeys23

I f'ing hate using grocery bags to pick up. Never fails that I get one with a hole or something.

Every four months Amazon ships me four boxes of Biobags. Handy and eco-friendly! :D
Also the cheapest per bag cost for them I've ever found. :)

Tazwell

I never use grocery bags because I've experienced grocery bags with small, previously unnoticeable holes.... That is all. LOL

I get my bags at big lots, because they always have killer deals-- like 8 or 12 rolls for $2.

Members online