Window Sill Cover

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
My husband and I just bought our first house. Jack really likes to look at the birds and little furies out the window, but with he windows in our new house he has to jump up and put his feet on the sill in order to look out. Is there anything I can put on the sill to protect it from his nails? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer it be something that is easily removable so it can be cleaned.

Thanks!

bubbatd

I have a stool for Ollie .....perfect height when he puts his front paws on it .

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
we have a window seat for puspus, it would be REALY easy to make, peice of plywood, clue some padding to the top, cover in fleece. theres industrial vlecro on the part that attatches to the windowsill and then 2 metal rods bent into Ls with suction cups on the end that brace the rest of the seat against the wall so it doesnt flop backwards...
pusspuss loves it

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
Granny,
Unfortunately my widow sill is chest high on me so i don't think that would work.

Thanks both of you for the ideas!!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
This wouldn't be a solution per se.....but Wilson's solution is to climb onto the dining room table and REALLY get a good look... :p

Barb04

Super Moderator
Get a piece of quilted fabric that you can velcro to the windowsil and remove to wash.

Sada

Setterz are Betterz!!
With sticking the fabric under the window, how weather tight that would be? I live in the Midwest and we have some pretty drastic weather changes that I would like to keep out of the house as well.

Thanks all for your suggestions!!

With sticking the fabric under the window, how weather tight that would be? I live in the Midwest and we have some pretty drastic weather changes that I would like to keep out of the house as well.

Thanks all for your suggestions!!
It depends on how your windows work. If they open/shut by raising/lowering, it might give you more draft protection. If they're crank style, not so good.

I like Gina's idea about the welcome mat!

Members online

No members online now.