Timid puppy

Hi all, well, Osa had her first Christmas (she is 9 months old) and loved it. She got a bigger Kong as well as the biggest Petsmart weinerdog stuff toy thingy (the one from the commercials). She loves it.

We stayed at my in-laws for a couple of days and Osa loves to be there. About a month after we got her, she stayed with them for 10 days while we were on vacation and really bonded. She loves the inlaws and being at their house. Then we went to my parents place, she has been to the house a few times before but not as much as my in-laws. She gets very timid of my parents and is very skiddish in the house and just around the house. Any noise will spook her. Once we get out to the fields, she is fine and back to her old self. Is there a certain way to make her more comfortable at my parents house other than just being their more often? We are thinking that she might just need a weekend alone with my parents to bond. She seems to warm up to them but then sometimes gets a little timid. We went on a long off lease walk in the woods (she did awesome) and she responded very well to my dad and would follow commands but would only come to about 3 ft of him. Any advice would be awesome.....

Barb04

Super Moderator
Does your dad speak in a loud voice that maybe she gets that way. Not sure of the reason but the more time you and Osa spend around your parents, I'm sure will begin to ease her mind. I'm not sure if leaving her with your parents alone will help because if she doesn't feel comfortable there, she will wonder why you're doing this to her.

Try having your dad feed your dog treats whenever he is with her. Ask him to speak softly while he is feeding her. If he carried some treats in his pockets he could give her a couple pieces throughout the day. Good luck.

Yeah, my dad and I have very similar voices so I think she responds well to the deep voices. He also knows how to whistle loudly by putting his fingers in his mouth, she responded very well to that. We will be there over the weekend so I will have them work with her. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.