Some Toby Pics!

Tobysmom

This one demonstrates how Toby arranges the pillows and blanket so he can be comfy. They have to be just so.

"GRRR! I need my beauty rest!"

So, I had this wierd idea that I would leave the hair that grows down his spine on instead of shaving it this time. Looks pretty stupid though so I'll be shaving it soon. Also he's kind of fresh from his bath so may look a little damp. He hates getting a bath so he's really glaring at me here.

"Uhhh, can I have the treat now?"

HE IS TOO, TOO, TOO CUTE!!!!!

I saw that there were Toby pics and HAD to click!!!

I kinda like his racing stripe, lol! Or I guess it could be considered a full-body Mohawk :D

L

LabBreeder

So cute with the stripe. :)
How come they can grown hair everywhere but the body??? :confused: I mean, I know they're bred that way, but how?

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause

They were cute pic and I couldn't resist. Toby is cute as always and you know I have never seen a dog like that ever only in photos. Must be hard to come by huh ?

Tobysmom

LabBreeder said:
So cute with the stripe. :)
How come they can grown hair everywhere but the body??? :confused: I mean, I know they're bred that way, but how?

I have read several different things about crested history. Most do say that they didn't originate in china but chinese merchants used them on their ships as ratters. How they were bred to have hair in some places and not others I have no idea. The history is pretty vague.

Aussie Red- those pictures are so cool! thanks!

SummerRiot- I toyed with the idea of showing him but my boyfriend talked me out of it. It's been somewhat of a chore trying to keep his skin clear. He breaks out just like a teenager sometimes and skin has to be perfect for a show not to mention absolutely smooth. Even after I shave his back he still has stubble. Lots of the dogs at show have extra hair. It just gets shaved off and usually a hair removal product is used to get the stubble.

Tobysmom

Yeah, he been naked most of the summer but during winter he is almost always wearing something.

Also, some extra info on hairless:
What determines a hairless dog

The hairless quality is due to the presence on a hairless gene... the symptom of that gene is lack of hair on the body of the dog and often lack of some teeth with lower k-9's leaning forward in the mouth. There can be differing degrees of lack of hair on the body. Some hairless dogs have a little hair on the top of the head, the tip of the tail and on the lower leg and foot. Others have hair that has to be groomed to make the hairless appearance. However no hair or some hair the hairless pup is totally hairless at birth and carries the hairless gene as well as the puff gene .. and breed with a hairless or a puff can produce either a hairless or a powderpuff puppy.

L

LabBreeder

Wow! That's alot of info about hair genes. :) I couldn't see using wax or something to pull out the stubble. It hurts me, I can imagine how it feels to the poor mostly naked doggies. :eek:

Tobysmom

Ouch! I didn't mean they use wax. Yikes

I was meaning products like Nair that you just put on then wait a while and the hair comes off with it when you clean it off. It doesn't hurt them.

Members online

No members online now.