Eyes

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Talon has very strange eyes, I've never really seen this before. Originally we thought his eyes where green, but when I look closer I realize they aren't green at all. They are a light amber/brown color around the outside and inside is blue/grey. That can't be good right?

I'm not sure if this is cause for concern or not, eye sight seems normal, but brown and blue don't usually go together as far as I've ever seen.

Here I have pics:

DSC_0605 by babyblue5290, on Flickr

DSC_0603 by babyblue5290, on Flickr

DSC_0602 by babyblue5290, on Flickr

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Talon has very strange eyes, I've never really seen this before. Originally we thought his eyes where green, but when I look closer I realize they aren't green at all. They are a light amber/brown color around the outside and inside is blue/grey. That can't be good right?

I'm not sure if this is cause for concern or not, eye sight seems normal, but brown and blue don't usually go together as far as I've ever seen.
No cause for concern... it's eye colour. My eyes are like that. ;)

milos_mommy

I don't know for sure if it's a cause for concern, but I've seen quite a few APBT/mixes to have eyes that color, and as far as I know, none of them had vision problems.

BostonBanker

My eyes are the opposite - green on the outside with a very distinct brown ring around the iris. If you haven't seen any signs of vision issues, I wouldn't stress about it much. I might ask the vet the next time I was there, but I don't think I'd be panicking.

I also think they look really pretty :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
It could be that his eyes are that colour (and that's normal) or given his age, his eyes might just be changing to their true colour. Finn was green-eyed as a pup and became intense amber.

Liver pigmented dogs tend to have greenish eyes as puppies, and they'll gradually turn some shade of amber. The blue/green/gray ring will go away.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
It could be that his eyes are that colour (and that's normal) or given his age, his eyes might just be changing to their true colour. Finn was green-eyed as a pup and became intense amber.
^this is what I was going to say. :)

Blaze was blue-eye as a pup and changed to amber.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Darn, I was hoping so much for a green eyed boy :( I guess I gotta throw him out now ;) LOL

Good to know it's nothing to worry about ! ^_^

Members online