Found dog

bubbatd

My neighbor took in a very sweet dog that was in her neighbor's yard. No collar or ID... she's a little in La-La land, and I had her contact the HMS and animal control. I put the info on Petfinders ( she doesn't have a computer ) but what else can I do ?? She's willing to keep the dog ( young female..resently had pups ) as her dog is nearing 14 and won't last forever. I worry only because she has limited income and I doubt if she can vet and spay properly. When she called me yesterday, she said it was mostly pitt bull, but the first thing I thought when I saw her was Malamute in her face. Maybe some boxer and/or beagle mixed in. What else can I do ???

contact all the local vets to let them know she found a dog.That way if any of their clients have lost it it may get home safely.There could be puppies missing there mom right now which is sad.Good for you for helping you may have just given this dog a fighting chance at making it back home.

bubbatd

I think the pups are OK from the size of the teats. I've called most of the vets, but I feel the family would have connected animal control first.

Y

yuckaduck

Try having the dog scanned for a microchip. Contact animal control and post flyers everywhere, make sure to go to surrounding areas because dogs can cover alot of ground.

It could be they dont want the dog back too.They made there money from breeding her so maybe they discarded her.I really hopenot but it does happen.I am glad you are here to help out though.That was a good ides heather with the chip but most likely the owner didnt spend the money to have that done considering the couldnt have her spayed.

bubbatd

I really doubt if she has a chip.....but in case they got her from the HS , I'll have her checked, or I will. Thanks!

bubbatd

I had a call from someone tonight who saw it on petfinder... wasn;t his gal...she was mostly malamute . At least people are checking !!

Members online