I've been encouraged/invited

Zoom

Twin 2.0
...to join the Greater Kansas City Dog Training Club. They do a TON of classes and shows, so it would be an awesome way to gain experience and possible put some titles on Sawyer. They do all levels of Agility, Tracking and Obedience, and all classes are taught by volunteers, so there is a chance that as my skill level grows, I would be asked to be one of those teaching volunteers. My only qualm is that they are *very* into correction collars, chokes especially, and I've heard they're rather unfriendly to those who don't see things "their way".

Otherwise, this is just the type of place I've been looking to get involved with. Now I just need to find a herding place closer than 4 hours...

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
victor will volunteer to be a little white sheep! Way to go zoomer, your on your way to the top.

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
CONGRATS!!!!!!! :D :D

are you currently a trainer? or did they just like hear about your training?

otch1

Go for it! If they use training methods you're not comfortable using, you can always respectfully decline... (these are volunteer trainers). Then if they see your methods are equally or more successful, you're in a position to change things a little, or give people an option when you do become a volunteer trainer. It's always great to get your foot in the door with a reputable group, in the beginning of a training career! Congrats!!!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
CONGRATS!!!!!!! :D :D

are you currently a trainer? or did they just like hear about your training?
I'm apprenticing to be a trainer and trying to get involved with anything and everything I can. I found a place today about 20 minutes from me that does Rally-O too! The instructor for my CGC class told me about the GKCDTC and she was the one who told me I should join. My mentor is also a member and is going to take me to a meeting so I can get a feel for it. I'm not sure if you have to be sponsered or not.

It's apparently a very showy, competitive atmosphere, so it's good practice for the world of competitions. :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Ooooo I wana come! :p

Congrates Zoomers!!! :D

Sounds like awsome fun! :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
I would say give it a try and see what it's all about. If after experiencing it you still don't agree with their training practices, you can always bow out.

I think that's just terrific Zoom. Like otch said, you'll have an opportunity to effect change with your abilities and I'm sure you won't be forced to use methods that you don't agree with.
That's just very exciting news, I know you'll rise to the top in no time...Congrats!:D

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
That's great Zoom! Congrats! Obviously they respect you, I'm sure they wouldn't absolutely force you to go against the way you feel. Good luck with everything! *high five*

bubbatd

Great going Zoom !!! We all know that you are special .... now go and show Kansas !

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
That's awesome, Zoom!

Buddy gives you a high five! (Banzai would too, but he's still working on it! :D)

Members online

No members online now.