Waist Leashes

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a waist leash. Or alternatively, any criticisms about any they have used. Ideally I would like to use it for work as well, so it would have to be able to take a lot of abuse LOL.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I have a boldlead designs super lead...which has a floating O ring which you can adjust for that kind of thing
My issues
- It's a bit long when used normally
- If you aren't doing anything the O ring just floats around

but it's a high quality really lovely leather use that can work around the waist and a bunch of different ways! I really like it as over the shoulder

xpaeanx

I just bought the one ruffwear makes... Haven't tried it yet though. LOL.

The "waist" part is adjustable to any size you want(waist, wrist, shoulder) and the line is a bungee line.

Finkie_Mom

Hmmmm... I like the BLD one a lot but I'm not sure if leather would be a good idea to use at work. This thing will get dirty/wet a lot :p

And I don't want anything that can bungee... Does the Ruffwear one come without a bungee option? I think I found the Stunt Puppy one with the bungee but I'm not sure LOL. I know there's the Buddy System out there - anyone used that before?

Nordkyn makes a nice, light, non-bungee belt they call a hiker's belt that has some d-rings on it, so you can use basically any leash - if you don't have double ended leashes, just get an extra clip from the hardware store for the loop end or use a carabiner.

My favorite double ended leash is Karma Collar's. It has a fixed o-ring in the middle, but you can also add any number of floating o-rings you like on either side of the fixed one. They are leather, but I use them in all sorts of weather and they hold up beautifully.

Finkie_Mom

Nordkyn makes a nice, light, non-bungee belt they call a hiker's belt that has some d-rings on it, so you can use basically any leash - if you don't have double ended leashes, just get an extra clip from the hardware store for the loop end or use a carabiner.

My favorite double ended leash is Karma Collar's. It has a fixed o-ring in the middle, but you can also add any number of floating o-rings you like on either side of the fixed one. They are leather, but I use them in all sorts of weather and they hold up beautifully.
How did you find the leather from Karma? I'm worried about it being a bit too stiff... I ordered a leather leash from another place similar and I don't even think I will be able to get it to a point of being soft, as it currently does not even feel comfortable enough in my hands to use frequently...

How did you find the leather from Karma? I'm worried about it being a bit too stiff... I ordered a leather leash from another place similar and I don't even think I will be able to get it to a point of being soft, as it currently does not even feel comfortable enough in my hands to use frequently...
I got the narrower size, I think 5/8", and they were a little stiff at first but they broke in very quickly and they are really soft and flexible now.

Members online

No members online now.