Hyia is learning

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Well Victor, everyone else is now hanging out in the Castle. All but you who shows no interest. Surprised when I woke up this morning and saw this.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Ressie has such a kind, sweet face. I'm loving the pics of everyone enjoying the boxes. Maybe Vic wants a special boys hangout.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Wow, Ressie's a boy!! Agree with Barb, a very handsome boy. Loving the castle pics. And now his own special spot by your desk, sweet Kitty. Maybe take a litterbox that he's used before. This morning Zoey climbed in to the big litterbox and used it. I had bleached it from Penny and Resa and it didn't even have litter in it, but she seemed to know just what it was.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Vic's man cave :rofl1::rofl1::rofl1: I can see it now. half a dozen mattresses even more blankets and pillows on top of that, a fire place, servants to cover him up and A massage therapist. I was wrong about Sancho but I will eat my hat if Victor ever steps a foot in that box. We have had more use out of one cardboard box, well two, than I ever could have imagined. I have quite a fondess for the castle.

Sometimes Hyia thinks she is playing and just doenst' know how to read an animal's body language, even tho she has been raised around so many. What I take for granted according to my daughter is not readily obvious to everyone else. Hyia was showing her friend that she was "stalking" REssie. All of this happened in about one minute. SHe bent over and acted like she was going to pounce, he ran across the room to me, where I reached down and touched him, and then she came closer and he shot into his desk cave. I had to explain to her why what she did was wrong. No harm done, except a lesson learned. This is why I do the training, and she and Ressie do the learning. I explained to her why what she did was in all ways threatening and would never be read by REssie as play because she is so big, and he is so small. If she were a kitten, his size, yes, then it would be fun but because she is not, it was just plain scary. She just didnt' realize.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ANd here is my life
THe dreaded paper work I am forever chipping away at to the left
the distraction in the middle
the work I have promised and that needs to be put together without delay to the right.

that's before housework.
What I want to do, take a nap.

a cold windy overcast day and this isnt' helping.

that wind ever dies down, I go a kitten vet bill to cover and owls to trade for it. I would prefer to fire them before it's freezing out.The two on the mantle cover last week's appt but I need one more done for next week's stuff. DIe wind die just a little.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Aiden is right when he said REssie was getting big. Sancho is going to have to move over a bit...or a lot. Almost 4 months old. Tomorrow I get the new wormer and some antibiotics for the gut problem that just wont' go away.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Me too Barb. I just keep hearing Aiden in my head, REssie's getting big. :D
I am smitten with him too.

Ressie has a last name now. Because Gg is his sponsor, meaning covers vet bills, and the such, making it possible for him to be a part of our family, his medical records went on the chart as Ressie Lee. It is just suiting, and perfect and I love it.

so Ressie Lee decided that the castle needed some home improvement. He worked on for quite some time this afternoon.

THere, that's better. It became a balcony too, for siting out like the Sphinx.

I never would have believed I could grow such fondness for a cardboard box.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
So glad I took him to another vet. WE finally for the first time in his life have what seems to be a normal bm. He is feeling his oats this morning too. trouble trouble ornery trouble. Even Sancho has had enough.:rofl1:

The vet gave him a broad spectrum wormer and an antibiotic. THe test came back negative for the things they tested for, but something was not right and after being repeatedly wormed, 3 times by KCPETPROJECT and the albon afterward, it just kept coming back. Blood and odd. Never did see a trace of worm after about 4 weeks. Whatever it was he was born with it. Glad he pased the feline leukemia test. I didnt' know they could be born with that too.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Glad you are getting it all worked out. I am in love with Ressie's upside down pics!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

vid

early morning nap necessary (for us both) Sweet Dreams Ressie Lee.

I am glad we only have one more dose of that medicine to go, because if it were two, I don't think I would succeed. Even with a spoonful of baby beef to take the taste out, I was barely forgiven.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I need an animal communicator to send a message to Ressie Lee about sticking his head in things. The fireplace flue, every bowl I ever made, anything he can squeeze it into, and it's not a good idea. I am paranoid about anything with a chord. I set this bag down for just a couple minutes and turned around and found this. And of course, he coudln't get out, and started to panic. What if i hadn't been home? I watched for a few seconds to see if he would figure out how to back out of it, but he didn't. He panicked.

I had a puppy once that stuck her head into a thermos that had never had anything in it but ice water. It was bone dry, in the back of the laundry room and I do not know what possibly could have inspired her to do so, only grateful I found her before it was too late. I had a devil of a time getting the thermos off and it was hot and slimy inside.
I decided enough getting in trouble inside, and Aiden was here, so maybe some fun outside chasing the beetles that are everywhere. Right until I saw that Ressie was eating them. So don't know if box elder beetles are bad for you, it isnt' like anything else is chopping them down, birds aren't eating them, so back in we go. No more being determined to get in trouble. Box elder beetles must be yummy because I saw Sancho eat one too..actually he opened his mouth, and it started to crawl out and he quick shut it again, and this time he licked his chops. Uck.

you would think he would just pull his head out but he doens't. He panics rolls around making it a hundred times worse. He did it once with a strap on a garment.
bug catching WAS fun. We only found one grass hopper so Aiden took it home to his Mother and Father to see. I dont' think Mommy has the same appriciation for bugs that Aiden and I do. Tho he did turn down the worm I found and tried to give him for his jar.

finally found something he could do. Anyone need a new hair dresser? Funny how he plays totally different with Hyia than he does with me. STill gentle tho. vid

Resssie dodged out the door this morning thinking he was getting his freedom. I ran out after him leaving the door open. Three dogs ran out and formed a circle around one very puffed up kitten. Get the idea Ressie, that is not going to happen. door dodging is not allowed. Ask Pepper all about it.

Last edited:

gapeach

Big Mutts
Such a mischievous little booger. Good thing you have a house full of babysitter dogs, that's awesome.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I took him out to chase the falling leaves on harness this afternoon to help him remember that he does get to go, but this way only. He had a very good time climbing trees to the very end of the leash. SOmetimes he backs back down, and sometimes he just drops because he knows I will catch him. Lots of prowling around the woodpile. It's going to rain and turn cold so there won't be much more opportunity for awhile.

He has had blood show up in his stool again, and I am just hoping it is something like a blood vessel too close to the surface. I knew someone that had that once. It isn't' a whole lot, but it is more than a drop too. IT is bright red. He just finished a 5 day round of antibiotics and a broad spectrum wormer. This has happened over and over again since the beginning. HE came with a very swollen wormy belly. ANy thoughts? He eats fine, has a great appetite, and plays a very normal seeming amount of time. He doesn't cry out or act in pain when he is in his box. I just am praying it isnt' anything worse. STill we are going to have to go back to make sure, and get a bigger harness asap. this one is too small.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Hope his vet visit comes out well. I wish you could come take pics for me, yours are always awesome. You so need to video him jumping into your arms from the tree!!! I NEED to see that!:)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
CAnt really catch and take a pic at the same time. Going to be a while before he gets another chance because he put a pretty good gouge in my pinky and wrist when he landed so I nipped those back nails. It hurt even if he didn't mean to.

New harness day wahooooo. I will donate both of his baby ones. and I would like to have a bit longer tree climbing leash. 8 ft isn't much fun for a tree climber. At least it's good exercise.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Ouch! I'm sure he's sorry. A kitten climbing a tree on leash...that is something to be proud of.

Members online

No members online now.