Premier SureFit

JacksonsMom

Those of you that have one,

is the sizing pretty accurate? What size is your dog and how big are they?

I'm debating between the XS and the Small. Jackson is about 17lbs give or take, and has a girth of over 19".

The XS is 1/2" width and 15"-21" girth. The S is 3/4" girth and 18"-22".

I prefer the 3/4" width over the 1/2". But want to make sure it'll fit him.

I really need a harness like this that is very adjustable, and I can get to fit him good, because he has a lot of different harnesses that I use for different purposes, but none really fit him "perfect". So I'm hoping the SureFit will!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I initially bought Froman the small size, and he is right at 21.5" girth. It was fine until I washed it and then it was just snug enough that I didn't feel comfortable putting it on him. He wears a medium now.

Is there a store around where you live that you could go try them on Jackson?

JacksonsMom

I initially bought Froman the small size, and he is right at 21.5" girth. It was fine until I washed it and then it was just snug enough that I didn't feel comfortable putting it on him. He wears a medium now.

Is there a store around where you live that you could go try them on Jackson?
Hmmm.... so the small may work for him then. He'd just be on the smaller end. I'll also be probably using it sometimes to put over sweaters, etc, too, so need a bit bigger.

I looked at Petsmart the other day and only saw the Easy Walk's. I could try Pet Valu maybe?

MicksMom

Those of you that have one,

is the sizing pretty accurate? What size is your dog and how big are they?

I'm debating between the XS and the Small. Jackson is about 17lbs give or take, and has a girth of over 19".

The XS is 1/2" width and 15"-21" girth. The S is 3/4" girth and 18"-22".

I prefer the 3/4" width over the 1/2". But want to make sure it'll fit him.

I really need a harness like this that is very adjustable, and I can get to fit him good, because he has a lot of different harnesses that I use for different purposes, but none really fit him "perfect". So I'm hoping the SureFit will!
I'd go with the small. It'll give you more adjustment room. Caleb is 71 pounds, with a 32-322 inch chest. He has a large SF.

...I looked at Petsmart the other day and only saw the Easy Walk's. I could try Pet Valu maybe?
I don't remember seeing them at Pet Value. I bought Mick's from the local tracking club eons age. I think I ordered Caleb's right from Premier (I don't have access to my files that would have that info in it right now).

http://www.premier.com/

If you can't get it there, you can try Cherrybrook.
http://www.cherrybrook.com/index.cfm/a/catalog.prodshow/vid/473252/catid/127/vname/Premier_Sure_Fit_Harness

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
It's true, Megan has like 82 of them.

So, they don't need to step into the sure fit, right? It just buckles up around? I like the price on them... :lol-sign:
I slide it over the head, then buckle each side. So yeah, Rosie wouldn't have to lift her legs at all.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Correct- you slip it over their heads, then buckle the strap under the belly. Easy peasy. ;)
It's true, Megan has like 82 of them.

I slide it over the head, then buckle each side. So yeah, Rosie wouldn't have to lift her legs at all.
Well, my bank account is about to get lighter. :rofl1:

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
So what makes these different? From what I got from googling to see what they look like they look like a roman style harness. I've never seen them anywhere up here.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Part of what makes them so awesome is that they have a lot more adjustable points throughout the harness, so you can get it to the absolute perfect fit. With a wonky built dog, that's what I love most about it!

MicksMom

So what makes these different? From what I got from googling to see what they look like they look like a roman style harness. I've never seen them anywhere up here.
There's a few reasons I like them:

-They're adjustable in 5 places- both straps that go under the belly, infront of the shoulders, and also the strap that goes between the front legs.

-Because there is no strap running across the front of the chest, they don't put pressure on the throat/neck area.

-They're easy to put on/take off. Especially if you have a dog neck/back/leg issues who have trouble standing on less than 4 legs.

-You can snap the leash to the ring on the front of the chest for more control or if your dog is weak in the hind end (our old guy lost rear muscle do to LP, and would fall so much as guided him with the leash hooked to the ring on the back).

-They aren't bulky or stiff.

-I also snapped Premier's seatbelt leash thing to the ring on the belly when in the truck. That way, if I did have to slam the brakes on, Mick would be pulled down instead of over backwards.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Any clue how much it would be for someone to send it to you? Like, if someone purchased it here and mailed it to you instead of paying the shipping costs?

I think I'm going to have it shipped to CharlieDog to send it to me. It should be, like, $5. :lol-sign:

Or ship it to me and then come visit
Because that would be cheaper than paying to ship it here. :p

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Can you clip the leash to the front ring? I really like front clip harnesses..

I like the WWW freedom harness but love that the surefit stays away from his shoulders all together.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Can you clip the leash to the front ring? I really like front clip harnesses..

I like the WWW freedom harness but love that the surefit stays away from his shoulders all together.
Yup!

When people come in looking for Easy Walk harnesses, usually I suggest just buying a regular harness and clipping the leash to the front. For a lot of dogs, that is all they need to stop pulling.

Members online