advice

Saje

Island dweller
This is a post from another forum that I go to. I don't know what to tell her and I thought you guys might have some advice. Any ideas?

"my dachshund has a skin problem on the bottom of his ears, they have this thick skin at the bottom and around the under side of them. *Doesn't seem to itch or bother him at all. *Dry thick scab like.
Had him to the vet and its not ring worm or mange. *Vet gave me LymDyp. * Indication: For treatment of non-spesific dermatoses antiparasitc activity. *I have been using once a week for 6 to 8 weeks and the only thing it seems to have done is dry it out and make it white in color. *I am interested in anyones input on this, remedies and what else it may be. *My next step is maybe a blood test to see if it is a hormonal skin disease. *I'd like to try a home remedy, but really don't have any idea of what to try."

That's a strange sounding affliction! If it's the same on both ears it would be odd for it to be a parasite. It sounds more like an internal allergic reaction to something. Has anything in the dogs environment changed recently?

Saje

Island dweller
I will ask and if I ever hear a reply I will let you know. (the pet part of that forum is not that active)

Saje

Island dweller
This is what she replied:

"I don't know if he is allergic to anything, the vet didn't even mention anything to me about that but will check into that. *No nothing has changed in his enviornment and I haven't changed his food or anything. *I have been battling it for a long time I would say at least since the summer months. *It is very frustrating. *Thanks for the advice."

Ash47

Taco Dog
How old is the dog? This could be just old-age warts coming up. If not, she should apply some Vaseline or Neosporin to it. It could be just some bacterial infection that could go away on its own, especially if it isn't bothering the dog.

Members online

No members online now.