pregnant?

this is far out there but my dog has been done with her heat cycle for a while now but i have noticed that her vulva is still enlarged (and her nipples are still pretty enlarged). another big thing ive noticed is that if i feel under her nipples i feel a bulge (under all of them) almost like there are little hard milk sacs forming.

shes 7 months old now and she started her heat cycle just barely after 6 months. my sister did put her out with a male dog a week ago (when it was already a few weeks after her heat cycle was supposedly over) and she did say that he tried to mount her a few times but she wouldnt let him. she told me this now so im not sure if i should be worrying..

showpug

Mammary glands can stay swollen for quite some time after a heat cycle. It takes a while for the vulvar swelling to go down as well. BUT, how do you know her cycle was over? Heat cycles can last 3 weeks or longer and they can get pregnant once bleeding has stopped. If she was out with a male dog, there is a chance she is pregnant.

I suggest you schedule a spay ASAP.

before anything else i want it to be made sure that i had no idea this was happening. if i knew then i would have stopped it but i havent been home.

is it only that week+/- when she wont resist the mount, where she will be able to get pregnant? i doubt it but they said that she was getting mad everytime he tried to mount her. although thats not enough assurance

showpug

Stuff happens. Regardless of timing, it's better if you just spay her. Then there isn't a question regarding if she is or isn't or when she could or couldn't get pregnant.

is it safe if a dog is spayed while in the early stages of developing puppies (or whatever stage my dog could be in)? how much do they cost average? i would definitely consider spaying.

but before then, anymore input about this. im really worrying about her because i want to be sure.

Take her to a Vet!!! There's no question.

Get her spayed.

Dulce is fixed, and has large nipples, as well as a swollen vulva, which could mean some kind of infection. But it's different for you if she's in heat.

Putting her out with another male dog was a mistake. Watch her closely, have her spayed, and have her checked by a vet.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I agree a spay should be in order. If she is pregnant, she is WAY too young to have pups (even putting aside all the other possible disasters and reasons to spay). I advise you to make an appointment for a spay ASAP.

alright im checking up on the spay. but if something comes up i want to know if theres anything else i should check to reassure myself..

showpug

It doesn't matter if anything else comes up if she gets spayed quickly. The vet will tell you after the procedure if she was pregnant and if she was then there will be an extra charge. It will cost you WAY less then a litter of puppies though:yikes:

alright

but is it normal for what i explained about her having those bulges under her nipples? and her nipples seem to be more enlarged and tubular-ish sorta like a nursing bitch's

showpug

alright

but is it normal for what i explained about her having those bulges under her nipples? and her nipples seem to be more enlarged and tubular-ish sorta like a nursing bitch's
It can happen after a heat cycle OR it can be a sign of pregnancy.

bubbatd

Please check her out !!! Unless there was a tie , I doubt if she's pregnant , but only you and your watcher knows . If your vet can assure you that she is not pregnant , I'd wait 3 or 4 months then spay ( waiting until hormones return to normal ). If she is pregnant .... terminate ! People with unspayed females HAVE to really watch their females in heat for a good four weeks . These means at least 5 heats before even thinking of breeding . Believe me , unless you are a dedicated breeder , it's not worth the hassle .

believe me im ready for the hassle (if anything happens) but i dont want it. i just wanted to make sure im not going to be wasting all the money to get her checked out by a vet.

W

whatszmatter

nobody can tell you if you're wasting money or not, who knows?? If you go do the spay, its taken care of, I assume you planned on doing that anyway in the future. If you don't and she end's up being pregnant you could be looking at rasing a littler of puppies, and at only 6 months old or 7 mo's that is very young to be having puppies, there could be problems with the mom when its all said and done.

Vivien

It could also be a false pregnancy. Get her to the vet to find out...If she is get her spayed she is way to young to have pups and you could lose her and the pups. Don't take any risks they are not worth it.

Members online

No members online now.