Cars of the future

aivzdog

If I could have a car of the future I would want a jeep that could fly as fast as a jet. Hehe.

I came across this cool infographic earlier about cars of the future. Its pretty interesting and made me think of how they would make them. Would they still use gas or some kind of new fuel?

You can check it out here

Anna

noludoru

Bored Now.
It's ridiculously cool. As an enthusiast, I am both fascinated and apprehensive. . . where will it end? I like to drive. I would never be happy in a self-driving car. All I see this leading to is an army of self-driving cars, most likely with the eventual banning of human driving for safety. It's all hypothetical, but there have been incredible leaps in the technology in just the last 5 years - I wonder what the next 10 will bring.

This is already legal, and equipped in production vehicles in the US:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/T8sJwuZyVAY

It's ridiculously cool. In a car equipped with adaptive cruise control and active lane assist, it nearly drives itself. (If you take your hands off the wheel you get yelled at by the system, though.) After driving a few hundred miles in vehicles with the adaptive cruise control, I have to say that it rocks. It's the best antidote to the terrible traffic in the DC area I've ever seen - you simply set your speed and the car keeps a set distance from other cars, even when they cut you off. Perfect in stop and go traffic.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.