Swimming Didgie!

So yesterday Didgie got a solo trip to the dog park. It was long overdue and much needed.

She has amazing focus on me everywhere no matter what is going on. Unless Traveler is fetching. She can be running around, having fun, coming when called and checking in and as soon as Traveler's brain switches to fetch she's gone. She's 110% focused on him. I tried to wait her out one time while she stood in her stalk position and stared at him staring at me. I had less of an attention span than she did.

Because of this she has done nothing at the dog park. No real swimming, no focus on toys, no playing with other dogs. Just Traveler.

So yesterday we went alone and it was amazing and great. She spent the entire time tugging like crazy (She shredded my Water Wubba) AND she decided she could retrieve (She's never retrieved ever) AND do it in water! I was so incredibly tickled. She's not a retriever, she loves to tug but has never showed an ounce of desire or understanding to retrieve so we've been working on her love of tug translating into retrieving and yesterday was the first time ever she did it on her own.

Water retrieving!

IMG_3675 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_3548 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Got the Wubba. Bringing it back. Like a Retriever. Cause I'm awesome.

IMG_3244 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Pretty girl

IMG_3343 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_3401 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Got the Wubba!

IMG_3553 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Pounce!

IMG_3228 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Then these are from the other day with both her and Traveler. You can see her focus on him.

IMG_2976 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

I love this dog

IMG_2579 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

And he can fly!

IMG_2559 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

*more*

So can she!

IMG_2633 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2827 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Angry puppy!

IMG_2816 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_3057 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

I love her black side

IMG_2719 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2696 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2962 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2724 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Life is happy

IMG_2891 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

IMG_2570 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Swimming!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sfik3CyWaqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All done!

SaraB

Yay Didgie!!!! I <3 both of our girls so much. She is growing up so nicely and it'll be tons of fun to see how she channels that focus elsewhere! Traveler is handsome as always. :D

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I love her spotty little nose :)

She is a pretty girl and her and Traveler make a stunning pair.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Trav is handsome as usual but I'm so glad you got to go out with some solo girl time with the little girl :) She looks so happy!!

FG167

Traveler flying is awesome, as are his teeth!

Didgie sounds just like Limit, seriously. He barks and is fierce and nutso at Kastle at the water, little to no retrieve drive but loves to tug and interact once I help him come back to me. I hope he gets into the retrieving thing like Didgie!

She is a gorgeous girl glad yu guys got some solo time and she did so well!!! I love her stalking Traveler in the "Angry Puppy" pictures.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I love the second shot. Her head high, tail up, and mouth full of wubba. <3

JacksonsMom

Didgie is growing up so nicely. :) But don't grow up too fast! Hehe. :)

I'm glad you got some alone time with her, though I KNOW how guilty you felt. She is adorable swimming and retrieving.

She's so cute! How did Trav handle things with you taking Baby out alone?
He had a major sad. I kept him crated but he knew I was getting ready to go somewhere fun and dog related.

Traveler flying is awesome, as are his teeth!

Didgie sounds just like Limit, seriously. He barks and is fierce and nutso at Kastle at the water, little to no retrieve drive but loves to tug and interact once I help him come back to me. I hope he gets into the retrieving thing like Didgie!
They would be hysterical together. The world might not survive :p

Didgie is growing up so nicely. :) But don't grow up too fast! Hehe. :)

I'm glad you got some alone time with her, though I KNOW how guilty you felt. She is adorable swimming and retrieving.
I seriously did, but I ended up having a blast with just her. It's hard though right now balancing the time out between the two of them. Harder still because Didgie needs more time and Traveler makes me sad. But he and I had a nice walk/run/play yesterday evening which he much enjoyed.

Members online

No members online now.