bad day/good day

good day = red. bad day=black

I took Thor and a good friend from out of town to the puppy park. we stayed for a long time, and my good friend HAD to go (she has some relationship problems). on our way out Thor sees her pug in her arms, and takes a flying leap at the pug. he hits the end of his leash, does a flip and comes down HARD!! he cries (he never cries) And i think that he broke a leg:( . I take him to the vet and leave him because that friend of mine HAD to go. I call the vet, but they are not done with x-rays. I get there, and I am told it is not a break (AWESOME) It is soft tissue damage. the vet wants to finally look at all of the spots that my pup is scratching and chewing on on himself It is some sort of BAD mange infection. parasites that are cigar shaped arachnids. vet says that we can probably take care of it My poor puppy has to go through 2 baths (tonight) one with some blue medicine that was not too bad, and one with a paint thinner smell that cant get dried or rinsed. We get finished He tries to shake dry, and falls b/c of that stupid fall that he had. he keeps on trying. it was funny and horriable all at the same time. It is time to go home after a $400 vet bill for x-rays, skin scrapings yada yada yada.

I was wondering if there was an alternative treatment for this type of parasite. I dont really like the idea of these **** mites, but is there anothoer, less chemically advanced meathod of controlling them?

Thanks ya'll. Thought that you may enjoy the story and be able to give input.

bubbatd

I'm glad you vet picked up the mange... sorry you hadn;t .... go with his treatment ( expensive ) and offer the same to any dog he's been in contact with . Friend or no friend I would not have left my dog !

Vet said that there is only one way to get this mange, from nursing off of an infected dog. (another reason that I am happy that they lost this wonderful puppy) as for me leaving him, I would lose about everything that i have for this pup. There were circumstances that I would rather not get into that did provoke me to make that call. I am not happy about it, but he was not even done with the x-rays when i got back.

Members online

No members online now.