UGH...7 month old Black lab terror on my hands

Umaz1

So up until about a month ago we had the sweetest most obedient puppy...now she is a naughty naughty naughty counter surfing, non-listening black little fuzzy demon....

she has snagged 2 pairs of prescription glasses, 1 sunglasses, my cell phone, my husbands wallet and everything in it..and various other stuff too numerous to list here....

i would appreciate any ideas of how to return my puppy to the love that we knew just a short time ago...or at least someone to tell me that this is a phase and she'll grow out of it!! hahahah

thanks in advance..:hail:
Lauren

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Haha, welcome to adolescence!

She will eventually grow out of it, the biggest key here is to stay consistent with your expectations of her at this point. It might take a little extra to get through to her, because she's essentially going through teenage rebellion right now, but if you expected her to sit before being fed before this phase, that still stands. Things like that.

Go back to "puppy-proofing" for now so she doesn't develop lasting habits.

Snark

Mutts to you
Yup, this too shall pass...

Riley's 7 months old as well, but luckily, too short for counter surfing (although I keep an eagle eye on him - if he's not in the room with me and being quiet, it's a pretty fair bet he's destroying something that's not his). I really don't let him wander the house unsupervised and if he's too restless, I'll play/work/both with him (inside or out, depending on time and weather). A tired teenager is a GOOD teenager...

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
I'm in the same boat! Sadie is a little over 7 months,she has chewed up many shirts,and our underwear that she steals out of the laundry basket,my cell phone,and anything she seems she can find. Best thing I have found to do is get plenty of exercise like said beforer(wear them out!) and make sure everything you dont want them to get is out of the way,off the coffee table,off the couch,kitchen table,shoes near the door. It's hard to keep this up all the time,but has really reduced the amount of thing's she has gotten a hold of.

cJw314

Vicarious Owner
I think it's important to remind us all that if you have a puppy (read: dog under 2 years old) that it might be best to not allow the pup unsupervised access to the entire house. o_O

Leash him to yourself and I suspect you'll quickly become more apt to catch/redirect negative behaviors. You could always, of course, crate/restrict him unless you're directly interacting with him...

Members online

No members online now.