Eagle Pack Holistic recall

Fran27

Really unbelievable, makes you wonder how that stuff can even get in contact with their products.

angie8023

I love my Sancho
Thanks for posting this. I guess this is one of the reasons why a lot of people feed raw. Maybe I should jump on that bandwagon.

Not that I'm a fan of Eagle Pack at all, but the article says nothing about it being recalled and it seems to have only had that one person report any problems. Until I see that more people have had issues I'm not gonna freak about it.

This also isn't the first time that acetaminophen (Tylenol) has shown up in dog foods (again, not that I'm condoning it, just trying to stop us before we reach hysteria without any other proof of the hysteria being necessary).

Just, you know, read the whole article and take everything into account before starting in on an Eagle Pack witch hunt.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Not that I'm a fan of Eagle Pack at all, but the article says nothing about it being recalled and it seems to have only had that one person report any problems. Until I see that more people have had issues I'm not gonna freak about it.

This also isn't the first time that acetaminophen (Tylenol) has shown up in dog foods (again, not that I'm condoning it, just trying to stop us before we reach hysteria without any other proof of the hysteria being necessary).

Just, you know, read the whole article and take everything into account before starting in on an Eagle Pack witch hunt.
that place they mention also tested canidae and found the acetaminophen in their food as well and peoples dogs have had symptoms similar to what they are reporting on the eagle pack. Although Canidae has supposedly tested themselves and the food tested negative I have emailed and haven't really gotten an answer that I liked.

We were going to switch the canidae but now switched our puppy to the chicken soup and since our lab eats the eagle pack we'll now be switching her to the chicken soup foods too.

Raw sounds good to me but I always have problems with it so it's just not an option.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I also heard that the place the food was sent to test is not a credible testing facility, but that was also by the canidae people.

Raw sounds good to me but I always have problems with it so it's just not an option.
I feed raw. It's annoyingly time consuming but my dogs do best on it so I suffer through the full days of making their "mash" twice a month. **** lucky adorable dogs.

The kibble I like the best is Nature's Variety. The Prairie line has enough variety that you can find something your dog does well on and the Instinct is the best grain-free I've used to date. Just, you know, as an FYI ;)

Herschel

Can someone please change the title of this thread?

There has not been an Eagle Pack recall! Expertox lab is not a food testing facility and Itchmo tried pulling this same stunt with Canidae. It's not funny and I really don't appreciate people spreading this **** around.

:mad:

From the Canidae story:

"That same laboratory has also claimed acetaminophen contamination in other manufacturers’ products that the FDA and the laboratory at the University of California have examined and found that the claims could not be validated. We are not aware of any other laboratory that claims to have found acetaminophen in pet food samples. The independent testing of our products includes samples from the same lot that gave rise to the claim about our products as well as samples from a second lot. Again, no detectable level of acetaminophen was found down to the 1 part per million level."

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I feed raw. It's annoyingly time consuming but my dogs do best on it so I suffer through the full days of making their "mash" twice a month. **** lucky adorable dogs.

The kibble I like the best is Nature's Variety. The Prairie line has enough variety that you can find something your dog does well on and the Instinct is the best grain-free I've used to date. Just, you know, as an FYI ;)
we got free coupons for the nature's variety and I tried it and the dogs liked it. We tried the venison formula I think it was, it was in the green bag.

Our lab was on raw for awhile and she did great but then her coat started getting greasy and nasty feeling so we stopped than went back and then her coat got extremely dry but we stuck through it and then she started getting runny poop on stuff so atleast we know with the kibble she doesn't get sick unless we add certain things in (which we don't add in). She's just wierd.

BostonBanker

Can someone please change the title of this thread?

There has not been an Eagle Pack recall! Expertox lab is not a food testing facility and Itchmo tried pulling this same stunt with Canidae. It's not funny and I really don't appreciate people spreading this **** around.
:rolleyes: Sorry, I'm such a huge ****-stirrer, I just can't help myself.

I got an email with that title from my local dog store. I know a ton of people feed that food here, so I posted it. You can delete the thread for all I care - I don't feed it to my dog.

Herschel

But there isn't an Eagle Pack recall! It isn't fair to the company nor to the people that feed this food to have such a misleading title, especially in light of so many recent pet food recalls. BostonBanker, I don't blame you for cross-posting the information but I don't think any of us can trust Itchmo or Expertox anymore. Think of the number of hits that Itchmo received because of this.

Here is the official statement by Eagle Pack:
http://www.eaglepack.com/Pages/EP_itchmo.html

There is a report circulating on the Internet that one bag of Holistic Select Senior Care dog food tested positive for trace amounts of Acetaminophen. ExperTox laboratories performed the test. This is the same lab that claimed to have found Acetaminophen in 5 other brands of dry premium and holistic brands. Yet in their own testing of these brands, the FDA and 2 leading Universities could not detect Acetaminophen in these foods and could not verify results claimed by ExperTox. It appears their findings cannot be considered valid or reliable.

Members of our Breeder Advisory Council have not reported any ill effects of their pets. This writer has 8 champion Brittanys of varying ages and has not experienced any issues. Two recent litters of 7 and 11 puppies are all in good health.

As noted in the Internet report, FDA took samples of our food in August 2007. There have been no adverse reports received from the FDA and our foods have not been recalled and remain safe.

We have our own in-house test lab that conducts ongoing tests on incoming ingredients and finished food. When major issues like the March 2007 melamine recall occurred, and now the Acetaminophen issue, we use independent labs for testing. Our foods have always tested negative and were never part of the recall.

Members online

No members online now.