Trick of the Week: Hug!

If I post videos, do you all promise not to judge me based on the disgusting carpet in this house? It's bad. Steam cleaning isn't working and I want to show off my doggies :(
Haha, have you seen the crap all over my carpet?

Oh god Kimma.
Send Lo to me immediately. She looks amazing! Paws on right from the very beginning. She has a lot to say about building duration, though. :D

Everybody making progress around here. :)

[YOUTUBE]m-IImExNhvs[/YOUTUBE]

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Indy, session 1.5

Sorry about the PJ's, but that seems to be a common theme here :p

[YOUTUBE]k5mVv4nTuXM[/YOUTUBE]

Sekah

The Monster.
Wow, everyone's dogs look so good!

I need suggestions. I'm finding this one to be tricky! Talon will now sit and hold the pole with a good grasp with one leg. The problem is when he goes for two for hold he immediately stands up. I can't get him to for and grab with both feet. Help?
It might be easier to comment if we see a video. General thoughts are that you can do some rapid fire 'beg's before working on this trick so the memory of the position is fresh in his mind. You can also just make your primary criteria butt=floor and reward accordingly. Back track to where you were successful with his butt, and go back to slowly asking for more.

Maybe also cue a beg then introduce the pole once he's holding his position.

Kootenay

Here's what we have so far, 3 clips from our first session. Keen to keep working on it again today!

I haven't had a chance to watch all the other videos yet but the ones I did watch looked great! This is a tricky one.

Sorry about the heads being cut off, I had the camera set up badly.

[YOUTUBE]NrmrrGu6uMY[/YOUTUBE]

krissy

I'll post some videos tonight. We are taking a different approach to this one from most of you I think. I think the hardest part is going to be the sit so we are working on "sit pretty". Once she can do that (IF she can do that) then we can either work the paws separately and then combine, or I may try it from the sit pretty. We shall see. I am pleasantly surprised actually how willing she seems to be to TRY to sit on her haunches (also known as hovering on two legs). So we MAY be able to get a sit pretty after all, but I'm not going to count my chickens until they are hatched (read: I have no faith and won't believe it until I see it, lol).

ETA: CharlieDog is your command for the sit pretty "meerkat"? I nearly choked on my tea. Lol :rofl1:

Oko

Silence, peasants.
[YOUTUBE]X_KbXFNswIM[/YOUTUBE]

Feist can't hold a sit pretty on her own yet so we are working on hugging my leg :)

If I post videos, do you all promise not to judge me based on the disgusting carpet in this house? It's bad. Steam cleaning isn't working and I want to show off my doggies :(
aahahaha, you're funny! Have you not seen the video's posted? 90% of us never even bother getting dressed in anything other than pajama's in them :rofl1:2

Very first session, right from the beginning. I lost my clicker :(

[YOUTUBE]Ie2hw9vqadA[/YOUTUBE]
That video has enough cute to kill

Jari offers random things sometimes:

[YOUTUBE]lL6cslg_-Lw[/YOUTUBE]
Jari cracks me up "How about I bite it? Yes? Yes." and how much did you want to scream "You see how you wrapped your paws around my arm to get the treat? Do that to the stick!"

Haha, have you seen the crap all over my carpet?

Oh god Kimma.
Send Lo to me immediately. She looks amazing! Paws on right from the very beginning. She has a lot to say about building duration, though. :D

Everybody making progress around here. :)

[YOUTUBE]m-IImExNhvs[/YOUTUBE]
They look awesome!! All getting the idea to sit and do it, very nice! Though, can I say I could probably watch Pip and his happy all day? He's so freaking cute I want to hug him.

Here's what we have so far, 3 clips from our first session. Keen to keep working on it again today!

I haven't had a chance to watch all the other videos yet but the ones I did watch looked great! This is a tricky one.

Sorry about the heads being cut off, I had the camera set up badly.

[YOUTUBE]NrmrrGu6uMY[/YOUTUBE]
She looks great!! And she didn't even hitch a ride on your shoulders :p

I'll post some videos tonight. We are taking a different approach to this one from most of you I think. I think the hardest part is going to be the sit so we are working on "sit pretty". Once she can do that (IF she can do that) then we can either work the paws separately and then combine, or I may try it from the sit pretty. We shall see. I am pleasantly surprised actually how willing she seems to be to TRY to sit on her haunches (also known as hovering on two legs). So we MAY be able to get a sit pretty after all, but I'm not going to count my chickens until they are hatched (read: I have no faith and won't believe it until I see it, lol).

ETA: CharlieDog is your command for the sit pretty "meerkat"? I nearly choked on my tea. Lol :rofl1:
I can wait to see how far you get, you need to post video of your sit pretty progress!

At least attempting sit pretty will be great core workout for her being on restricted activity and everything.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
OMG Lo is ridiculous. Her little bark/growl is so cute. She's not real <3

Oh Pip. He's adorable. I love how happy he is. Polar bear is doing so well! And so is Maisy! Her little tail wags make my heart happy.

CharlieDog - HAHA "Meerkat" is what Jari's sit pretty is, too! Here I thought I was being original :p Indy is looking great!

Onyx is totally getting it. As is Feist!

Linds - YES. He's a brat. JUST HUG THE POLE, NOT ME!!!!

krissy

Well, I'll be. I reckon a greyhound CAN learn to sit pretty.

Two sessions so far. Today at lunch and tonight. Excuse my ridiculous speaking. I'm a bafoon when I train dogs apparently.

[YOUTUBE]wova40OoziM[/YOUTUBE]

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I wonder if Frodo is physically capable of this with his tiny arms? I think Siri has enough on her plate right now, but Frodo can already sit up...

Two sessions so far. Today at lunch and tonight. Excuse my ridiculous speaking. I'm a bafoon when I train dogs apparently.

Holy cow! That was phenomenal! That first time she got it at about a minute in I was cheering! And then seriously, that second session was just huge! Especially that second to last one.

Going to be such a great core workout for her.

krissy

Holy cow! That was phenomenal! That first time she got it at about a minute in I was cheering! And then seriously, that second session was just huge! Especially that second to last one.

Going to be such a great core workout for her.
It's going to be great for her core.

Seriously, I was surprised how relatively simple this was considering. Just goes to show... you never know what a dog will excel or have difficulty with! Pretty thrilled with her work today, not going to lie.

Sekah

The Monster.

Wow! Keep it up! Please please please teach your greyhound to beg! This is so awesome.

Sekah

The Monster.
Yeah, beg/sit pretty are interchangeable.

We did some work on hug tonight too. Cohen doesn't quite understand that this isn't a "hold this in your mouth" game, but she's getting there.

[YOUTUBE]SiMu0pC5BFo[/YOUTUBE]

We did some work on hug tonight too. Cohen doesn't quite understand that this isn't a "hold this in your mouth" game, but she's getting there.

[YOUTUBE]SiMu0pC5BFo[/YOUTUBE]
Somehow that makes it all the more adorable. Like, seriously, dangerously adorable.

krissy

Ahhh... Well I am definitely trying to teach her to sit pretty.

And that is ADORABLE! Cohen... so cute!

Unnnggghhhh my cheap municipal wifi has apparently frozen almost to death... it's so slow tonight I can't watch the videos. :(

Members online

No members online now.