How much pumpkin to add?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Ok, so I started switching Hannah over to the Innova Evo and her stool is really soft. I got the pumpkin and added two spoonfuls to her meal this evening. How much pumpkin should I add to her meals (she gets a cup a each meal)? And should I add it at every meal until I notice her stool has improved or just one meal? Also she has been farting HORRIBLY today too and I was wondering if that had to do with the switch of foods.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Have you reduced the amount of food you give? That's important as well.

Usually a good tablespoon full of pumpkin is enough, and yes, add it to each meal until the stool is back to normal.

Both gas and loose stools are the result of switching foods, and a large part of it is due to the much higher fat content.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
yes, the website suggests she eats 2 cups a day so she got 3/4 cups of her original food and 1/4 cup innova yesterday and then today she got half and half and her stool this afternoon was not solid at all. Will she be this gassy the entire time she is on the Evo? I took her to petsmart with me today and at first had the windows up and the air on and ended up with both windows and sunroof open by the time I got to the store. It's been REALLY bad all day today!

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Normally the gas disappears once the dog has adjusted. If you want to help along a little, you can give a probiotic supplement (acidophilus) or a bit of cultured yogurt.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Mordy said:
Normally the gas disappears once the dog has adjusted. If you want to help along a little, you can give a probiotic supplement (acidophilus) or a bit of cultured yogurt.
thanks! I think we may try some of the yogurt she really loves yogurt.

Members online

No members online now.