The Venting Thread

GipsyQueen

Staff meeting tomorrow which is first of all annoying because it means I have to go in an hour early. Also annoying because we are focusing on how to improve our customer service. Which we are doing by role playing scenarios. :doh: I suck at stuff like this lol and now I feel like I'm in high school again, getting anxious about presenting to the class!!
We do that. -.- It sucks!

chaospony

A friend of mine just had to put down her dog. He was her entire world and she is shattered. I'm a thousand miles away and there is nothing I can really do or say to help :(

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Fad interest in dog breeds or lines and people who have no business buying one and "making it work" drive me insane. Get the right breed or line for you, not the popular breed or line that you're fooling yourself fits your goals and lifestyle.

Blargh!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Fad interest in dog breeds or lines and people who have no business buying one and "making it work" drive me insane. Get the right breed or line for you, not the popular breed or line that you're fooling yourself fits your goals and lifestyle.

Blargh!
I ended up talking with a craaaaazy girl with Norwich Terriers at the big dog show on Sunday. She asked me what breeds I did performance with, and then very distractedly said, "Oh yeah, we're getting a Malinois soon. We want to keep our little dogs used to big dogs."

Yeah, that's... a great reason to get a Belgian. :eek: I was almost like, "Have you considered something like a Berner, or... anything else except a Malinois." Yikes. All I said was, "Well... brace yourself, there's never a dull moment."

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug

Blargh!
Malinois are becoming what pit bulls used to be. A fad breed to extend one's penis.

Like that one I posted about on Facebook yesterday, scary stuff.

This frightens me.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I had a wonderful evening with an interesting new boy tonight, who has a dog. <3 Nothing serious, of course, things are still fresh for me - we went to a pub for dinner, then tea at his place. It was lovely.

But I was exhausted from the day, and when I came home I wandered off to bed and forgot to let Finn out one last time. Poor boy peed all over his crate when I woke up (late) this morning. At least he got the bath that I've been meaning to give him anyway... my poor neglected boy.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Malinois are becoming what pit bulls used to be. A fad breed to extend one's penis.

Like that one I posted about on Facebook yesterday, scary stuff.

This frightens me.
Which is kind of hilarious, because while they are no doubt intense and can be very bad ass, they're also dorky, quirky, needy, sensitive dogs. I wonder how many people are surprised when their bad ass guard dog cries if they shut them out of the bathroom, LOL.

The number of Mals in shelters/rescue is appalling. I admit I do worry about this future of this breed. :(

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Which is kind of hilarious, because while they are no doubt intense and can be very bad ass, they're also dorky, quirky, needy, sensitive dogs. I wonder how many people are surprised when their bad ass guard dog cries if they shut them out of the bathroom, LOL.

The number of Mals in shelters/rescue is appalling. I admit I do worry about this future of this breed. :(
Well he did tell me all about how his dog literally craps himself when they go to the vet "because he's such a wimp and is scared of the vet"

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
On my way to work I was thinking I have been without Malinois misdirected bites for a long time after seeing a friends bite photo.

Sloan just bit my girly parts, hard. I was getting her amped up and frustrated and she got pissed and nailed me.

Owie.

Additionally, too many see the pretty aspects of the breed, like the bad assery of pit bulls. I always delete or make private my awful videos for fear of holier than thou Internet trainer backlash but sometimes I regret that and wish people did see the hardships that turn these dogs into such amazing working machines.

Oh and that vent was not just for this breed, I have a TON of clients here with hunting line labs and goldens "because they're healthier" who are drowning in energy and drive, lost with no "good family pet" in sight.

People need to stop lying to themselves and assuming they'll be the exception.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Just not having a very good time of things personally right now which I don't have time to be sulking and crying at my desk. I have a website launch to take care of.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Oh heck i dont know what i need. i cant stay where im at, its not a matter of money, its a matter of this was a temporary place and the owner of the house wasnt supposed to find out i was here and then she did and now shes going ape**** and wants me out NOW, but has generously given me 2 weeks, which was last monday so now 1 week. i just got a job last monday, the same day that horrible news came in, so i HAVE income... NOW. didnt before. but the issue is finding a place to rent thats on the bus line to get to the job, allows dogs, and is affordable and doesnt want paystubs and all that, because i work under the table. so far i have ONE lead, but its a hair out of my pricerange and im not sure i can handle it. rent, bills, and bus fare would consume exactly 105% of my income, with nothing left over for dog food or me food ( i get a small amt of foodstamps which helps but its not enough. i cannot live on ramen every day and be alive ). MAYBE someone taking the two dogs for a few months would help me find a place and get more stable and get a car, but i dont know. i dont have a magic crystal ball that can see into the future and say "ah HA! in 1 month and 18 days, a house for rent will come available 2 miles from work that allows dogs and is under 600 a month!" yaknow?

/rant
Having been homeless before, would it help to look at this from a different angle?

Can you afford a working beater car before you have to be out?

Lucky for me, when I was homeless I still owned a car. As long as you own a car you can be warm, dry, and secure. And you can have your dogs with you. Check into shelters, friend's houses to find a regular place to shower and things so you're presentable for work.

Just remember that it's temporary. The situation you're in is temporary. Do whatever you can to keep your job. Your dogs won't mind living in a car with you. The weather's still cool enough that they'll be okay, or maybe you can find a friend who won't mind watching them in the day if you're worried.

It'll give you more time to find a good place to rent.

You could get your boss to write a letter to prospective landlords, or when you get paid go to the library and make photocopies of the checks to show them. The combination of the two should be enough for most landlords.

Good luck. ((hugs))

DJEtzel

There's supposed to be a huge storm coming through tonight and I think my training classes are going to be cancelled again! They were cancelled last week and it was kind of a relief, but these dogs are going to come in next week like they did the first week and give me another migraine. Urg.

Members online

No members online now.