Shooting at T A&M...

Miakoda

I just saw an alert about it, but there's really not much information other than a shooting has occurred and mutliple people are injured. Does anyone have any more info about this?

:(

It occurred one to two blocks away from the campus near the football field. Several people were shot, including law enforcement, no details yet on extent of injuries. Suspect is in custody.

ACooper

Oh no, not more violence already :(

I don't think I have ever felt more concern for our world....never been a "end is near" type doom and gloomer, but I am truly afraid of the way this world is going. :(

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Not sure I'd have wanted to have lived in the world 200 years ago... I reckon it's a LOT more civilised now. Or through the 80's miners strikes and riots....

In fact... I'd go as far as to say it's the same as it always has been.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Not sure I'd have wanted to have lived in the world 200 years ago... I reckon it's a LOT more civilised now. Or through the 80's miners strikes and riots....

I agree... just more access to news now.

ACooper

Violence with a purpose I can understand. Not saying I agree or that it's acceptable or anything, but I can at least wrap my mind around it. War, protests, etc.....

It's the (seemingly) increase in random violence that concerns me. Walk into a school, theatre, mall, work place and shoot it up, bomb it up, gas it up, because one person cracked :( There have always been cases of this as I can remember, but it seems they are happening in higher numbers and closer together these days..........maybe not.

I agree with the others. This has ALWAYS been present, and random. Heck, check out Nero if you want to find a nut case that killed many people for no purpose AND ruled ancient Rome.

Then there were the crusades, where many women and children were killed for their religion, in addition to other atrocities.

I agree, the difference in present day is that #1, we have media coverage, and #2, society has changed the value on human life so much, that we CARE now.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
This was really insanely close to my old apartment. Maybe a quarter of a mile? Just across the railroad tracks and behind a bookstore. Sounds like 3 people died, including the gunman. From what I've heard the officer went up to deliver an eviction notice and the shooting started with the suspect in the house firing out at the officers.

It really wasn't 'on campus' like they've made it sound to be. Doesn't seem to involve students either as the victims seem to be police officers and then in their 50s and 60s. Gunman was supposedly in his 30s. That area is a residential neighborhood across from the school. Still very sad.

Members online

No members online now.